Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default WHY CAN OUR PRESIDENT NOT DO THE SAME?

WHY CAN OUR PRESIDENT NOT DO THE SAME?

What do Hoover, Truman & Eisenhower Have in Common

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A great way to lower unemployment !!!!!!

Here is something that should be of great interest for you to pass around.
    I didn't know of this until it was pointed out to me.

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.
    And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million Mexican nationals! The program was called 'Operation Wetback' so that American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now, if they could deport the illegal's back then, they can sure do it today!! lf you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.
    Reminder. Don't forget to pay your taxes... 12 million Illegal Aliens are depending on you!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WHY CAN OUR PRESIDENT NOT DO THE SAME?

would americans take the jobs?

if so, at what wage rate?

frankly, there are plenty of jobs available at the rates paid to illegal immigrants. most americans, even those who are currently unemployed, want nothing to do with them.

orange growers in florida, for example, are in serious trouble because they are having problems finding labor at rates that allow them to be competetive with imported oranges even though imported oranges have a 20% tariff on them.

so, get rid of the rest of the illegal aliens and many american orange growers may well go out of business...resulting in fewer, not more, jobs for americans.

impose even higher tariffs, and the prices go up...which means already cash strapped american families can afford even fewer goods. so, they have jobs but cannot afford to buy anything anyway. also, other countries retaliate with their own tariffs and american companies that export goods lose their market...resulting in fewer, not more, jobs for americans.

in today's world, it is not a simple problem...and it doesn't have a simple solution.
    F*S=k

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    would americans take the jobs?
    Not if you can be on welfare for the same amount, and not have to work to get it.

During the depression, people would work. Taking a handout was insulting, and people swallowed their pride to accept it only because they were desperate.

Welfare is considered an entitlement. If you feel you are entitled to something you didn't do anything to deserve, there can be no shame in taking welfare, just like there would be no honor in taking a job that nets you not only the money, but the pride in knowing you earned it.

Kill welfare, THEN worry about immigration. When nobody is buying you your dinner, you'll pick oranges to stop the belly from rumbling.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Centre County)

That's why I advocate bringing back CCC and the WPA. Don't give anyone a welfare check without them doing something to earn it. If the single mom's cry about it, then a single mom can earn her check by being a babysitter for other single moms so that they can earn their own check. Have teams picking up trash along the roads. Have them maintaining the national, state, local parks. Get them off their lazy asses and earn what we the middle class (and sometimes lower) give them. Quit wasting my hard earned money. Make them earn it. Pay them daily or weekly, NO WORK, NO PAY.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

[QUOTE=Xringshooter;733760]That's why I advocate bringing back CCC and the WPA. Don't give anyone a welfare check without them doing something to earn it. If the single mom's cry about it, then a single mom can earn her check by being a babysitter for other single moms so that they can earn their own check. Have teams picking up trash along the roads. Have them maintaining the national, state, local parks. Get them off their lazy asses and earn what we the middle class (and sometimes lower) give them. Quit wasting my hard earned money. Make them earn it. Pay them daily or weekly, NO WORK, NO PAY.[/QUOTE]

Been saying that for years. I have no problem helping someone in need, but multiple generations, gimme a break. They should have to work 32 hours per week and have 8 hours to interview for better jobs. Just my .02
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Modern Americans want stable full time jobs, preferably with benefits.

We don't want to be migrant workers moving from farm to farm a few weeks at a time, with no permanent employment or place to go home to at night. We don't want to pile into the back of a truck to be day laborers at a random job site. The last time you saw American citizens willing to do that kind of work was during the Great Depression, and that was out of sheer desperation.

It's easy to say that illegal immigrants are "taking our jobs", but it's not clear that's true. Farms often pay several times that of the minimum wage to attract workers during harvest, but even if the job pays well who wants to have a job that lasts only a couple of weeks and that we have to travel far from home for, all without any sort of benefits?

At any rate, I'm having trouble buying the premise of the article. I think I'm going to need to see some sourcing or evidence for this. I doubt there has ever been a point in American history where mass deportation of immigrants has ever actually occurred. Sounds like a made-up internet thing to me. Before it was Mexicans who were the hated immigrants, it was Irish people.

(Allegheny County)

http://www.pbs.org/kpbs/theborder/hi...meline/20.html

Something else we need to do is change the citizenship rules. If you're born here and your parents are here legally, you are a citizen. If you're born here and your parents are here illegally, you don't get citizenship. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

(Lehigh County)

why? the man wasn't born here, has relatives who live here illegally (for years), and represents the party that gets the most votes from immigrants (legal and otherwise... talking to YOU, ACORN!).
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Bucks County)

Careful what you ask for....cause if there's any Odeportions it would be those dastardly Rich-Americans.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    Modern Americans want stable full time jobs, preferably with benefits.

We don't want to be migrant workers moving from farm to farm a few weeks at a time, with no permanent employment or place to go home to at night. We don't want to pile into the back of a truck to be day laborers at a random job site.
    We can and do issue work permits to bring in farm workers for that kind of work. What we are talking about is the carpenters, brick layers, factory workers, lathe operators, kitchen help, fast food workers. A lot of the jobs are the entry level jobs that normally go to kids. The kids today can't get the part-time jobs they used to get. Why hire a bunch of teenagers part-time when you can hire fewer under the table adults?

You can't teach the 'work ethic' to people who could never get a job in the first place. This is where the illegals do their most damage. With no job experience they go out to compete for the adult jobs when they grow up.

Also when I would get laid-off in the past I would collect my unemployment checks and still go to Norristown to wait at a parking lot in the early morning. As the sun came up so came the pick-up trucks looking for day labor. I might spend the day cutting grass or washing dishes. All under the table. Great extra cash. I could do it on weekends even when I was working a regular job for extra cash. Now you better be speaking Spanish if you do that.