Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Opinions on carrying IWB at 1:00?

You know, right after a big lunch, is it tough?

Seriously though, I was wondering if anyone carries at this position with an IWB holster. I'd like to carry a 3" 1911 as I've tried a full size 1911 at this position and even that is pretty comfortable. Any drawbacks/caveats to worry about? Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Bill

(Venango County)

Default Re: Opinions on carrying IWB at 1:00?

Only 1...umm...if yer a guy...knowwhatimean? LOL

I don't carry there because I carry a full size pistol, and it would jab me in the leg too much....

My recommendation, and this is just my Opinion, get a good holster. My crossbreed supertuck conceals pretty well at 3:00.

YMMV, but that's my experience, Good Luck!

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by wslowik View Post
    You know, right after a big lunch, is it tough?

Seriously though, I was wondering if anyone carries at this position with an IWB holster. I'd like to carry a 3" 1911 as I've tried a full size 1911 at this position and even that is pretty comfortable. Any drawbacks/caveats to worry about? Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Bill
    I'd be more worried than usual about blowing my nuts off.

But other than that, if its comfortable and you regularly practice drawing from such a position, I say go for it.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

(Chester County)

I carry there and have done so for years. I tried desperately to conform to the standard 4:00 but could never get comfortable with it. I too am carrying a 3" 1911 and do so all day every day and barely know it is there. I can even wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt and no one knows, not even my wife or kids.

I use a tuckable IWB from DM Bullard that is fully adjustable (cant and height) and will allow you to tuck a shirt if necessary. This is not the best for concealing since the clip is still very visible. I think the 1:00 position would have more people staring at the clip than if it was at 4:00.

Now as far as aiming at the family jewels is concerned. It actually is never pointed at them in my case. The real danger if an AD occurred would be that it is pointed right at my femoral artery.

(Allegheny County)

Heh, yeah, I thought about the boys but if I have an ND in my pants I think it's going to be bad no matter what with the major arteries in the leg being my primary concern as is mentioned in the post above.

I was thinking of using the Down Under from High Noon Holsters: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...nder_clip.html

15 degree cant.

I never tuck my shirt so I don't have an issue with seeing the clip. 90% of the time I'm wearing an untucked button down, the other 10% a t-shirt or my pens jersey.

(Chester County)

I carry IWB at the 1:00 position a lot. It's pretty comfortable and I've never had a problem.

(Philadelphia County)

I have not used one personally but I have heard good reviews of Raven Concealment's ACR, Appendix Carry Rig which is designed for this style of carry.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I carry like this on occasion. I pack an M&P compact with a 3.5" barrel. It's really comfortable until have to sit down then the gun jabs me in the stomach and well, other places. When I have carried like this it was always my M&P with a clipdraw and no holster so not only will I most likely blow my balls off with my "unprotected trigger" but the sharp sight edge digs into my balls. Holsters and underwear would help this but I still find sitting to be uncomfortable.

Besides that it conceals really well. Even more so with your thin 1911. Really,with a tight shirt I can't think of another way to carry that conceals as well.

*ETA at no time did I ever fear blowing my nuts off. The reasons I don't carry like this are merely the discomfort caused by sitting down. Besides that I'm a big fan of 1:00 and SOB carry.

(Northampton County)

I can't carry 1:00. My beer belly doesn't like getting metal shoved into it.

(Allegheny County)

It's the sitting down that doesn't work. I tried a snubnose at 11 o'clock crossdraw and that was fairly comfortable but printed a bit.

However, I rarely carry IWB anyways so I can't help you on that. I've found 3:30 OWB is the most comfortable and practical for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast