Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Exclamation Chicago is violating our constitution as we speak

Chicago is violating our constitution as we speak. They have a ban on guns and have violated the second amendments. Holy we need to do something and do it very soon boys. I can’t believe these people aren’t on trial for treason. Our Second Ammenedment is under attack, Holy shit....
    Gt

Default Re: Chicago is violating our constitution as we speak

New guy....

Welcome to the forum
    ΑΣΦ

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, but we need to step it up here in Pa...
    Gt

(Northampton County)

It has taken a long time (too long if you ask me) to get the people of this country fired up to defend their country, their rights and their lives. This fire burns long, it burns deep and it burns hot. If things keep going the way they are I expect a Most Civilized Revolution.

Do your part. Spread the word. And recruit new shooters to the sport and their rights. We are all doing a part.

(Luzerne County)

A post District of Columbia v. Heller lawsuit was filed, namely McDonald v. Chicago. The district court upheld the ban, so an appeal to the 7th Circuit court was filed. Hopes are not promising for the 7th Circuit either, and a final resolution is widely expected to be in the hands of the Supreme Court.

Moral of the story: It’s in the works, albeit slowly.

(Lehigh County)

well, either the state of Illinois abides by the Constitution or they don't. there isn't a middle ground here...
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah I don't get the "I can do illegal things until someone tells me in the supreme court I can't" operation of these things. If I was out selling heroin at bus stops they wouldn't let me keep doing it until the supreme court finally heard my case 10 years later and told me I couldn't sell heroin to 8 year olds any more.

We know this is a violation of the constitution. It needs to be reviewed? Nope, still a violation? It's bullshit and terms for corruption and opinons stacking weight to the basic legal issue.

Which is clear as a fucking bell.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post

We know this is a violation of the constitution. It needs to be reviewed? Nope, still a violation? It's bullshit and terms for corruption and opinons stacking weight to the basic legal issue.
    You must be aware that there is a lot of disagreement that gun bans aren't violating the constitution, right?

The Heller case, will most likely (and most unfortunately) not help our cause. That was a unique case, as it was a DC case, so the question of incorporation of the second amendment amongst the several states was not addressed.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post
    You must be aware that there is a lot of disagreement that gun bans aren't violating the constitution, right?

The Heller case, will most likely (and most unfortunately) not help our cause. That was a unique case, as it was a DC case, so the question of incorporation of the second amendment amongst the several states was not addressed.
    the disagreement is on the part of people who are being deliberately obtuse.

Heller was a Supreme Court ruling that IMNSHO should never have been had to be brought up to begin with, but in no way hurts the RTKBA argument.. I don't even understand how you could say that.

you have to look at the larger picture here... facts that have become marginalized by media and ignored or denied by anti's: if you are not involved in criminal enterprise, or are a victim of accidental death by firearm, suicide by firearm, or legal (police/citizen self-defense) homicide by firearm, your likelihood of death by firearms is lower than nearly every other type of intentional homicide. period.

couple this marginalization with a media controlled by corporations owned by the uber elite who seek to install the NWO (who see armed and aware citizens as the biggest threat), and you can see that the "hysteria" created by any firearms related death is absolute propaganda.

it's no different than the "swine flu" propaganda that the NWO's current lackeys used to cram an "emergency" appointment to the Dept of Health and Human Services sans the required Congressional hearings... while simultaneously slipping that same Department under the authority of DHS.... which is doing exactly what the "Secret Police" of every regime we have ever stood against has done.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post

incorporation is being addressed in several cases that are ongoing right now.

the 9th circuit (the most liberal circuit) recently ruled that it is incorporated in the case of nor**** v. king.

of course, they basically also ruled that it only applies in your home.

but, there are several ongoing cases. there will be more cases. they will build on heller and also establish the limits of heller. we will have to wait to see how it all shakes out. but, the fact that heller established clearly that the 2nd does protect an individual right was a huge first step for us...without that, all these other issues would be moot.

of course, all gun control, by definition, is "infringement". thus, all gun control is actually unconstititonal. the courts won't see it that way, of course. but, the momentum does seem to be going our way moreso than the other way.

here are some current relevant cases:

nor**** v. king

the chicago case

maloney v. cuomo(rice) (another incorporation case--that involves nunchucks rather than guns--where the 2nd circuit said the 2nd amendment is not incorporated).

so, we now have one cirucit (the 9th) that says the 2nd is incorporated and one circuit (the 2nd) that says it is not. this sets up a conflict in the circuit courts over a very fundamental constitutional issue. this is a situation in which SCOTUS will often take a case to resolve the difference. the chicago case seems like a perfect case for that.

this situation would not exist if not for the heller case.
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; May 12th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast