Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default DA primary elections-- question for Philadelphians

Any of these three Dems "less bad" on 2a than the others? I've looked on their websites as well as an endorsement questionnaire and I can't discern any real differences between these guys on guns-- all of them are pretty bad, but none of them as horrible as they could be. Cafferty seems to have the least to say about the issue, so I'm thinking that's who I'll vote for unless someone has some better info on these guys. Any info on the judge candidates re gun rights would be helpful too.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: DA primary elections-- question for Philadelphians

I just saw this. Also I read an article about 2 weeks ago or so about how he profited from buying a house way under value and flipping it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/c...e_Lawsuit.html

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: DA primary elections-- question for Philadelphians

I watched the debate among the Dems this morning, and Brian Grady came out and said that Not only do citizens not need guns, he said that hunters don't need them either, that they can go kill their animals with knives the way that it used to be done. What a Dick. He laughed about it too, like he thought he was pretty witty to make sure he pissed off ALL legal gun owners.

McCaffery was the ONLY one that came out and said that he will enforce the laws on the books first before even considering going to Harrisburg to add more. He said that if it is necessary to go to Harrisburg, it will be on a case by case basis, based on what is learned from the enforcement of the current laws. Also, the house that he bought and "flipped" was trashed. And he bought it off a client of his that needed to unload it. I don't know anyone that wouldn't sieze an opportunity like that given the chance, and the money. I don't see what the big deal is with that. For what it's worth, McCaffery's brother made a name for himself in this city as a Judge. Remember Seamus McCaffery?

ALL of the others said that they will Lobby in Harrisburg for more stringent laws and to eliminate guns (depending on who was speaking , guns were characterized differently as "illegal", "assault", etc.) in the public domain.

If I was able to vote, my vote would go for McCaffery. Hell, I'd knock on doors for him if I could.
    Last edited by Delcoadvocate; May 17th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
    "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money, the shit has hit the fan." - W. Zevon

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delcoadvocate View Post
    I watched the debate among the Dems this morning, and Brian Grady came out and said that Not only do citizens not need guns, he said that hunters don't need them either, that they can go kill their animals with knives the way that it used to be done. What a Dick. He laughed about it too, like he thought he was pretty witty to make sure he pissed off ALL legal gun owners.

McCaffery was the ONLY one that came out and said that he will enforce the laws on the books first before even considering going to Harrisburg to add more. He said that if it is necessary to go to Harrisburg, it will be on a case by case basis, based on what is learned from the enforcement of the current laws. Also, the house that he bought and "flipped" was trashed. And he bought it off a client of his that needed to unload it. I don't know anyone that wouldn't sieze an opportunity like that given the chance, and the money. I don't see what the big deal is with that. For what it's worth, McCaffery's brother made a name for himself in this city as a Judge. Remember Seamus McCaffery?

ALL of the others said that they will Lobby in Harrisburg for more stringent laws and to eliminate guns (depending on who was speaking , guns were characterized differently as "illegal", "assault", etc.) in the public domain.

If I was able to vote, my vote would go for McCaffery. Hell, I'd knock on doors for him if I could.
    Thanks Delco, rep incoming. That's who I was leaning towards. Like I said, in this area, the candidate who talks the least about gun control is probably the best.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

I have watched the debate and read almost any article I could find on this election. To make a long story short and not going into details and bore everyone, both the wife and I are voting for McCaffery.

(Philadelphia County)

Yes. McCaffery is the only choice.