Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Thumbs down Unpleasant Exp. @ Weavers - Brodheadsville

Greetings All,
    I am a new member to the forum, so please take my review with a grain of salt...

Today I spent some time in an utter cave (Weavers), which was inhabited by a foul-mouthed, morbidly obese troll.
    He was quite a sight - wearing two guns slung low on his paunch, like a Rambo Teletubby.
    I wanted a simple item, and asked for same. I had to weather a discourse of abuse directed at all the other local shops, about other customers, "spies" and other nonsense.

I don't know how it normally goes in this shop, but in the real world, when a customer asks for a simple part, if you have it, you say yes, if you don't and can't get it, you say so, otherwise you order it if you can.

As for insulting other shops(most of which are staffed by much more courteous folk), that is a sign of utter insecurity and only makes you, as the proprietor, look like a buffoon.

I enjoy driving a little further to deal with people who have better prices, and can understand the meaning of customer service...

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Unpleasant Exp. @ Weavers - Brodheadsville

Go to Warner's Surplus. Rich will take care of you.

(Bedford County)

[QUOTE=ccp72;61496]Greetings All,
    Today I spent some time in an utter cave (Weavers), which was inhabited by a foul-mouthed, morbidly obese troll.
    He was quite a sight - wearing two guns slung low on his paunch, like a Rambo Teletubby.

QUOTE]

Thats classic!!!!

(Schuylkill County)

I've been there once and only once, now i have nothing against people moveing here from other states but this guy needs to learn to talk with some respect to people who want to spend money there.... i've been to Warners Surplus, and would not hesitate going back there again, courtious, clean and knowledegable.... prices arent to bad either.

(Monroe County)

I agree that between the two, Warner's Surplus and the staff there are a much better and friendlier group than what you would find at Weavers.

But, I will add that I didn't find the guy/guys over at Weavers that bad - seemed like more of an old school guy that was set in his opinions. I just listened to what he said, and disregarded some things and was interested in others that he mentioned.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    I've been there once and only once, now i have nothing against people moveing here from other states but this guy needs to learn to talk with some respect to people who want to spend money there.... i've been to Warners Surplus, and would not hesitate going back there again, courtious, clean and knowledegable.... prices arent to bad either.
    I would gladly go anywhere else.
    In fact, I went to American Sport Shooting in Brodheadsville and ended up getting an excellent deal on a Desert Eagle .357 for $450 used in excellent condition.

The troll at Weavers did me a great service by encouraging me to shop elsewhere, and I am forever in his debt.

I must try Warners too, I am sure that their prices are also much lower than Weavers, and as to the clean and courteous, I am sure they are much better than that foul-tempered cave-dweller.

I don't want to pre-judge the man- I guess he is an acquired taste- kinda like cod liver oil.

Then again, from what I hear about cod liver oil, it tastes bad going down, smells , and gives you the runs when you are done.....

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    I agree that between the two, Warner's Surplus and the staff there are a much better and friendlier group than what you would find at Weavers.

But, I will add that I didn't find the guy/guys over at Weavers that bad - seemed like more of an old school guy that was set in his opinions. I just listened to what he said, and disregarded some things and was interested in others that he mentioned.
    True, I have seen some nice posts regarding Warners, but I was pleasantly surprised by Richie at American Sport. His prices on new Glocks were $15 cheaper than at the cave.
    I saw Richie, the owner, give a pretty informative lesson on operation, disassembly and cleaning for a Glock 23 to a woman who was new to guns. I have a four Glocks myself and learned a few things too.

That's customer service, not insulting potential customers.
    I made a purchase on the spot and feel that I got a great deal. I bought a used(gently) Desert Eagle .357 for $450, and I got the same treatment as the woman who bought the Glock.
    I am looking forward to seeing what Warner's had to offer.
    I only went to Weavers after seeing his billboard on 209. It wasn't up long though...
    He should really drop his prices to offset his deplorable lack of manners...

(Carbon County)

Smile Re: Unpleasant Exp. @ Weavers - Brodheadsville

Quote Originally Posted by PSP7304 View Post
    Go to Warner's Surplus. Rich will take care of you.
    Will do- I already voted with my wallet once. He actually did me a favor. I will always spend more freely at an establishment that treats me well. I work a job where I put my life on the line for what I earn, and I will not spend foolishly at a place where I am treated like trash.

Thanks for the advice, and be safe.

(Monroe County)

I guess no one in this place want's to mention that Richie from Warners Surplus got pinched by the feds for selling a pistol to a fed. agent without the correct nics check. Actually he used another nics approval # from a previous buyer of his pistols.

Richie lost his ffl01. He is now using his wife's ffl01. Good plan on your part Richie.

Richie also owes a lot of money to people. He got his butt kicked in 2 months ago for lack of paying up.

He mortgaged his house to replenish his stock in the store about 6 to 8 months ago.

Check out his name with Monroe county. You will see how many bankruptcies he went through.

I remember once he refused to accept a return on a rifle he sold to a customer. Richie told the customer to send it to the manufacturer and pay the shipping himself. On a 1 week old purchase.

The guy is nothing but trouble.

Check it out for yourself's. This is no BS.

From what I know a real looser.

Be careful with this guy. It's all true regardless what he says.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I guess no one in this place want's to mention that Richie from Warners Surplus got pinched by the feds for selling a pistol to a fed. agent without the correct nics check. Actually he used another nics approval # from a previous buyer of his pistols.

Richie lost his ffl01. He is now using his wife's ffl01. Good plan on your part Richie.

Richie also owes a lot of money to people. He got his butt kicked in 2 months ago for lack of paying up.

He mortgaged his house to replenish his stock in the store about 6 to 8 months ago.

Check out his name with Monroe county. You will see how many bankruptcies he went through.

I remember once he refused to accept a return on a rifle he sold to a customer. Richie told the customer to send it to the manufacturer and pay the shipping himself. On a 1 week old purchase.

The guy is nothing but trouble.

Check it out for yourself's. This is no BS.

From what I know a real looser.

Be careful with this guy. It's all true regardless what he says.

I know Who you and we will START with Slander and lible how's that sound.

You are 100% Full of it on every account!! The rumors you and your buddies like to spread are simply amazing!!

Your assinine rumor about the pistol sale started at A&A sporting goods and has already been PROVEN 100% false. I have full intentions of printing your drivel and going to the proper authorities with it. I would venture to bet that I will end up owning YOUR shop when the attornies get thru with you!!

You are so full of SHIT that you don't even know my FFL classification!

I am on 07 FFL holder NOT an 01!! I have been an 07 since the day I opened and I will post My FFL # for everyone here to see. Anyone here who wishes to go to the BATF FFL easy check site can check my FFL and see for themselves when it was issued and the fact that it IS still in affect IN MY NAME!!!!

I DO ask the site Admin and Mods to PLEASE LEAVE THESE POST'S UP. I KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS, I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH HIS BS FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND I WANT IT SETTLED AND IN THE OPEN NOW!!! I have printed the thread and my attorney will handle all the legal paperwork so you can release this guys IP address. I have FULL intentions of pressing this to the MAX.

Mike Q,
    ONE QUESTION FOR YOU!! Hows life been treating you hanging out at WEAVER's. It is a well known FACT the you have only been in my shop ONCE and that was for info to report back to your BUDDY Phil. Yea I remember you, What you look like and what you bought the day you came in my shop. It' a shame that you have now left Phil bring you front and center into this. But thats not my problem!!!

My APOLOGIES to the good members of this site! There is NO reason why you should have been drug into this.

Thank you and again I am sorry,
    Richard Warner
    Last edited by Warners Surplus; May 27th, 2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: I know NOW who this person is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast