Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Nazareth, Bethlehem, Palmer, Bath - I guess I'll go first

I've been hesitant to OC in the area where I live because there are tons of transplants and yuppies. Also, I have NEVER seen anyone OC in over a year and a half (except on my property). I'm sure others have come before me, but since I haven't had the comfort of seeing them, I consider myself going first. Add to that one of the local chiefs of police recently told me they learned in annual training that OC is legal. That did not come as good news to me, I would have hoped they already knew it.

This morning I went to two gas stations (inside), Palmer (Easton) Walmart, Giant, and a beer distributer. No incidents, no panic from employees. Beyond making purchases, I dealt with the Butcher/helpers at the Giant.

I'm sure Shooter357 will be pleased He loosened me up a little at the SAR show.
    Last edited by ungawa; May 10th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Nazareth, Bethlehem, Palmer, Bath - I guess I'll go first

Welcome to the 'dark' side!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

Thank you

(Lehigh County)

I have OC'd in Bethlehem and Palmer with out issues. Have not ventured into Nazareth in some time though.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lebanon County)

Cool, I had been hoping you would join us. I tried to rep you, but I have to spread the love. Now go make a habit of it

I've Oced many times in Bethlehem with no problems at all. Bethlehem police were the the first response I got to Pa Patriots training memo. They knew it was legal and that more people were doing it.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post

They knew it was legal and that more people were doing it.
    That would be all the cool kids....mmmhuh
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Northampton County)

Today was gas station and wine and spirit shop. Guy at the wine and spirit shop is a Boy Scouts Troop Leader so no issue there. At the gas station they have young girls working there and they are unfriendly almost to the point of being rude. Always annoys me. Well the girl did a triple take and was particularly unfriendly after giving me my change. So I gave her a meek Thank You and a big smile and she involuntarily broke into a genuine smile

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've been hesitant to OC in the area where I live because there are tons of transplants and yuppies. Also, I have NEVER seen anyone OC in over a year and a half (except on my property). I'm sure others have come before me, but since I haven't had the comfort of seeing them, I consider myself going first. Add to that one of the local chiefs of police recently told me they learned in annual training that OC is legal. That did not come as good news to me, I would have hoped they already knew it.

This morning I went to two gas stations (inside), Palmer (Easton) Walmart, Giant, and a beer distributer. No incidents, no panic from employees. Beyond making purchases, I dealt with the Butcher/helpers at the Giant.

You went to Giant!
    Think of my pension.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

I OC there all the time, In Easton is where i get all the wierd looks, I have not had a run in w a Leo in Easton but i am sure one is on my schedule some time in the future.

(Franklin County)

Why would you be worried about whimpy pussies when you're carrying? The most they'll be able to do will be to call five-oh and, despite the few bad encounters, it seems most police today know "whats up" in PA.

Matter of fact, I like knowing that some hoplophobic coward gets his little pink panties in a bunch when he sees a real man carrying a sidearm.

Hah! I bet his WIFE won't LET him shoot!!
    ROFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast