Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Handgun Transfer - Dela. to PA ??

I'm sure this question has been asked before but what are the requirements regarding the transfer of a handgun from a Delaware resident to a PA resident?? I'm meeting a friend of mine, who now lives in Delaware, in York Co (PA) on Monday to transfer a handgun I'm buying from him. Any problems with this? We both have photo ID's from our respective states. I'm not up on the current rules and regulations and want to avoid any problems with the transfer. Thanks

Default Re: Handgun Transfer - Dela. to PA ??

If you're meeting him in person at a FFL in PA, you'll fill out the forms, they'll do the PICS check on you. If you pass, you'll pay for the PICS and be on your way with the gun.

(Centre County)

HiredGoon has it in a nutshell. By BATFE regs, any non-FFL can ship a gun to any FFL in any state. If it is delivered by hand, that is quite legal. Meet him, do the paperwork and be on your respective ways.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

don't be surprised if the FFL isn't happy about it, or won't do it. I've never had a good explanation why it isn't legal, but they are reluctant or refuse, nonetheless.

If you aren't able to get the FFL to do the transfer, have him take the pistol to X-Ring Supply if he lives in Northern Delaware, or J D Defense if he lives in Southern Delaware, to do the transfer. both are familiar with the process, and charge $25. Miller's won't do a transfer, Shooter's Choice is $35 or $50.

just in case...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    don't be surprised if the FFL isn't happy about it, or won't do it. I've never had a good explanation why it isn't legal, but they are reluctant or refuse, nonetheless.

If you aren't able to get the FFL to do the transfer, have him take the pistol to X-Ring Supply if he lives in Northern Delaware, or J D Defense if he lives in Southern Delaware, to do the transfer. both are familiar with the process, and charge $25. Miller's won't do a transfer, Shooter's Choice is $35 or $50.

just in case...
    If he does the transfer at a shop in Delaware, he then has to have it shipped to a shop in PA. He'll have to pay transfer fees twice then.

(York County)

You could also try contacting Terry at "Laymans Gun Shop" in Prospect (east of york). His email address is laymansgunshop@aol.com. I am having a stripped lower receiver send to him for a transfer and his charge is $30 plus tax.

sid