Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Tactial Shotgun Pics

I posted this as well some time ago, but I don't recall which thread or if I subscribed to it...so here goes again:

Matylda, meet the gang; gang, meet Matylda.

Remington 870 Police trade-in that I bought for $189.00. It came with the rifle-sighted barrel and the standard synthetic stock. I upgraded the forend to a Hogue over-molded unit which I am really impressed with. It has a pebble texture to it and it's nice and wide (I have large hands, some forends feel like toys in my hands). I quickly added a Scattergun Technologies 2 shot extension to give me a total capacity of 6 rounds in the tube.

I went on to add a Tac-Star 6-round sidesaddle as shown above, a Midwest Industries Single-Point Sling Mount and a Wilderness Tactical single-point sling.

Then I added an Eagle Industries cheek pad which is a nifty little unit. With the slight raise in comb, I can line up the rifle sights perfectly upon shouldering and it provides a buffer from the standard cheek-slap that I get when using 3" magnum rounds and some 2 3/4" slugs. It has a nice felt-like texture to it, it's non-slip and comfy against the skin. The unit attached via 3 straps and Velcro around the bottom of the stock and one that wraps around the upper portion of the recoil pad. I also added a Pachmayr recoil pad designed to fit the standard Remington stock.

On the right-hand side of the cheek pad unit, it comes from the factory with 5 elastic shot shell holders, which I had my better half cut two of them off and sew in a "Peace Through Superior Firepower" patch for style and statement. I think it works quite well. The other cool thing I added was a Cold Steel Safe-Maker II push knife by adding 2 pieces of industrial Velcro and threading the sheath through the cheek pad's attachment straps and then used my Velcro to make a thumb-break type closure system to make sure the knife stayed put even during hard use.

Simply tug on the Velcro trap running lengthwise along the sheath...

Grab the knife by the "T" handle and pull...

And voila, you've got yourself a nasty little last-ditch weapon. I like it.

The other addition I made to the shotgun was a set of XS Sight Systems Express Shotgun tritium night sights designed to replace the Remington Rifle-style sights.

The rear sight replaces the stock unit and features a vertical bar of tritium with a white band around it. The sight itself is shaped with a "V" cutout which improves the overall sight picture and speed to aim.

The front sight is the standard dot model (you can get a bigger dot where the tritium is the same size, but the white ring around it is huge, making it very visible and great for close encounters.

I really like this site set-up, so much in fact, that I have the same style sights on my EDC semi-custom 1911. They're very fast and I like the ease of the "bar-dot" configuration in getting a quick bead on a target. They're not for precision work, but neither are my shotgun or my carry piece. Matylda's my SHTF/Bug-out firearm, and I think she'll do fine in any role other than all out military combat. I have 16 rounds on the gun itself (6 in the tube, 1 in the pipe, 3 on the stock and 6 on the saddle plus 20 Brenneke KO slugs and 5 00Buck loads on a bandoleer with my gear)...should be enough in most cases.

(Lawrence County)

Remmy 22" Competition Master with oversized safety, oversized feed gate/button, oversized bolt handle, 8 round tube and 7 round sidesaddle. High Speed, low drag/snag.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Beaver County)

alright... here's mine:
    mossberg 500 - nothing special but a heatshield and that knoxx stock... but, man, that stock is sooooo nice!!! its no bs when they say it knocks out a ton of recoil; can shoot slugs out of it one-handed... nice!

(Allegheny County)

bigjlen,

Nice.

If you're ever able to join us at the Pgh. Group Shoot, I'd enjoy the opportunity to shoot that. I'd like to experience that Knoxx stock. I'll buy the shells and you're welcome to have at it with anything in my small arsenal.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

NIB Remington 870P-MAX that was given to me.

(Beaver County)

emptymag,
    yeah, im thinkin i might have to jump out there one day for one of your group shoots.
    i spent last weekend up in brookville shooting the bejesus out of my little armory so the budget is gonna have to recover a bit before i treck out again ;-)

(Adams County)

Ignore the light and clamp. I hate it and it's coming off as soon as I have time to do something better. It's just there for the utility right now. It works, but it sure is ugly.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Lehigh County)

What no one has any H&R single shots with ATI tacticool parts on it?

Very nice! Today I bought a Benelli Supernova with 65 cm ventilated barrel and a extra slugbarrel,50 cm. I am looking forwards to try it! It`s a very handy weapon with the slug barrel. Has anyone a good experience with the Supernova? (The standard model). Best regards!

(Allegheny County)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast