Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default need help finding a bi-pod

hey all, i have a remington model 700 30.06 rifle and im looking to buy a bi-pod for it. However i do not know the first thing about them , or what brands are good and i need some help, and maybe a point in the right direction. Perferably the bi-pod can be taken off and placed on a different rifle if i wanted to take something different to the range. Thanks for all your help
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Montgomery County)

I have a Harris on my 700 LTR. I will post the model number when I find the package. I like it very much. It attaches to the forward-most sling stud (the LTR has two) but also has it's own stud underneath so you can use it with a sling if you wish. They make one that also swivels that I think might be neat but I've never used one like that.
    Mike

(Lehigh County)

John: How come I'm not afraid?
    D'Argo: Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
    John: I love hanging with you, man.

Get the Harris 6-9" or 9-12" model...swivel models are better, but pricey...swivel models cost me $75...regular normally $55

(Westmoreland County)

I agree with aubie's advice, especially regarding the swivel model. The 6 - 9 is best for the shooting bench, the 9 - 12 is better for shooting prone from the field.

(Montgomery County)

OK. I found the package. It's a Harris Ultralight Bipod, Series 1A2, Model L. This is not a swivel mount but I have not shot from uneven terrain so it's not been a problem. I guess if you're sniping from the ground, the swivel would be handy. From a mat or bench, not so much.

(Bucks County)

Default thanx

Hey thanks for all the great info everyone! your help was most apreciated. once again pafoa.org has come through. With the info provided i did some lookng and i purchased a harris 6-9in. swivel bipod from www.midwayusa.com .
    Why did i go with the swivel, over the fixed? Because its better to have it and not need it , than need it and not have it!
    Later,
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

I'd agree with Aubie also, go with a harris bipod that is a swivel model. They work well and are what some of the best use. I'm not sure about price, but I think they're a bit more pricey but tango came out with a new bipod that is supposed to be the stuff. It's very light and has carbon fiber legs or something like that. It's supposed to be lighter and a bit more adjustable, even the feet angle is. Just something you might check out and see if it's what you're looking for and fits in your budget