Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Seven-Year-Old Boy Mistaken for Trespasser Dies From Gunshot Wound

HOUSTON — A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said.

Donald Coffey Jr. died Saturday morning at a Houston hospital, less than two days after the boy was struck in the head by shotgun pellets, Liberty County Sheriff's Cpl. Hugh Bishop said.

Sheila Muhs and her husband, Gayle Muhs, both 45, were charged with second-degree felony counts of aggravated assault in the shootings Thursday. They were being held at Liberty County Jail with bail set at $25,000 each and had not yet retained an attorney, Bishop said.

Bishop said the district attorney could upgrade the charges to murder on Monday, but investigators were "still trying to get the circumstances behind the incident."

The boy, his 5-year-old sister, their father and a family friend were off-roading near a residential area about 40 miles northeast of Houston when they were shot after stopping so the children could go to the bathroom.

Authorities said the couple fired after they mistakenly thought the group was trespassing on their property.

Bishop said the area includes a dirt road, trees and overgrown brush and that it wasn't uncommon for people to go off-roading there. The Houston Chronicle reported that a sign in front of the suspects' home reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor said Sheila Muhs fired a 12-gauge shotgun once, then handed it to her husband, who also fired once.

DeFoor said Sheila Muhs then called 911 and told the dispatcher: "They're out here tearing up the levee, so I shot them."

DeFoor said the levee belonged to the subdivision and was not private property.

Bishop said there was no indication the unarmed victims did anything threatening toward the Muhs.

Donald Coffey Sr. suffered a pellet wound in his right shoulder and his daughter, Destiny, suffered a wound to the elbow. The family friend, 30-year-old Patrick Cammack, was in serious condition Saturday with a head wound, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center spokeswoman Alex Rodriguez said.
    Story

I really dont have a comment since im boiling over with rage right now....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Mistaken for Trespasser Dies From Gunshot Wound

What a shame someone else had to suffer because this man wears his ass for a hat. If it weren't for that, I'd say between his sign and his own version of what happened, he's doing a good job putting himself away where he belongs.

Excuse my profanity.
    What a stupid M. F%cker. I mean really. If you aren't close enough to determine your aiming at a 7 year old child, than there NO excuse to shoot.
    That is just plain wrong. I'm all for protecting your property and all. Just stupid.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Another example why incest is illegal
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

For the love of god where do these kind of assholes come from? I mean even IF there were trespassers wouldn't you look first (or say something) before firing? Secondly if you are going to be that kind of an asshole shouldn't you know where the hell your property lines really are?

It's these kind of morons that make all gun owners look bad, personally I hope they do upgrade the charges to murder.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    For the love of god where do these kind of assholes come from? I mean even IF there were trespassers wouldn't you look first (or say something) before firing? Secondly if you are going to be that kind of an asshole shouldn't you know where the hell your property lines really are?

It's these kind of morons that make all gun owners look bad, personally I hope they do upgrade the charges to murder.
    Looks like if they looked, they'd find a meth lab.

(Somerset County)

The woman shot first then gave the shotgun to hubby to get a shot in .

Real nice couple .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(York County)

7 years old? A trespasser?? Are you kidding me? How stupid do you have to be, to NOT realize that a 7 year old child isnt much of a threat to you or your property? I guess as stupid as this couple. Why you would even aim your firearm at a 7 year old is beyond me.

All i know is, that dude better hope he doesnt go to prison and any of the inmates get wind of the fact that hes in there for shooting a 7 year old in the head...he'll have a pretty rough time in there. My guess is though, he wont make it out of prison alive. To which i'll say..."Smile i will"!
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post

Another example why incest is illegal
    Proof that meth should be illegal.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    7 years old? A trespasser?? Are you kidding me? How stupid do you have to be, to NOT realize that a 7 year old child isnt much of a threat to you or your property? I guess as stupid as this couple. Why you would even aim your firearm at a 7 year old is beyond me.
    Apparently you havent met any 7 year olds from Philly.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast