Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired

(Blair County)

Default Tired

I've been doctered to death with tests and blood work and am going in for a sleep study next week. I feel like I haven't slept for days when wake up in the morning after at least 6 hours of sleep. Anyone else feel beat when you wake up and it stays with you all day? Is 15 years of extremely high stress, bad diet and being fed up with everyone and everything catching up with me. I get exercise and sleep but foggy headed and just plain tired all of the time.

Anyone else?

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Tired

My husband had a sleep study done and we were astonished at how much they said he would stop breathing in his sleep. People have actually died from sleep apnea. Anyway, if you have it I highly recommend the machine. (I know I get more sleep now that he's not snoring!!!) He still takes something else every day to help with the fatigue but I don't know what his "diagnosis" is and I can't remember what he takes. I hope they figure something out for you though.

I am tired a lot too but I attribute that to my kids...

(Bucks County)

I feel that way too. I need about ten hours of sleep to feel close to well rested. Eight hours just isn't enough. I've got a persistent problem that causes constant pain, too, so it's been really tough for me to even fall asleep any more.

Good luck man, let us know what they find.

(Dauphin County)

lately i also have been having trouble... waking up gasping for air
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    My husband had a sleep study done and we were astonished at how much they said he would stop breathing in his sleep. People have actually died from sleep apnea. Anyway, if you have it I highly recommend the machine. (I know I get more sleep now that he's not snoring!!!) He still takes something else every day to help with the fatigue but I don't know what his "diagnosis" is and I can't remember what he takes. I hope they figure something out for you though.

I am tired a lot too but I attribute that to my kids...
    Had a friend die from sleep apnea at 21. It does not discriminate in age.

(Blair County)

I'm pushin 40 and have always been active, on the go and busy all day with energy to spare. It's like someone threw a switch lately and I'm all out of go. I figured it would pass but it didn't and I'm just beat even after alot of sleep.

I can't stand it anymore.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Lancaster County)

Ive put up with that for years. I get told I stop breathing in my sleep and then sit up gasping for air. I dont ever remember it though. 8 hours and I still dont feel rested. I live off of cafiene to keep myself going then sleep 10-12 hours on my days off. I should be using one of the machines but ive dealt with it so long i just live with it.
    Good luck with the sleep study, what helps me a little is to use one of those curved pillows. It keeps your airway open a little bit better.
    No longer posting

(Allegheny County)

my dad suffers from sleep apnea also.

he didn't realize it before he did a sleep test. he thought he was sleeping through the night, but it turns out he wakes up repeatedly and never progresses into the sleep cycle.

they gave him a mask to wear to that works very well, but it's uncomfortable, so he doesn't use it. i'm not sure he has ever really given himself a chance to get used to it, though.

at any rate, good luck. it does sound like it could be sleep apnea...if it is, it is treatable.
    F*S=k

Wife and I both have a machine. She gets good use out of hers but I have never gotten use to mine. Wake up trying to exhale and can't, they are going to try a different machine on me. Hope that it works.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Delaware County)

I just had an evaluation done today for sleep apnea....from them checking out me without doing the sleep study, they're pretty certain I have it, but they won't know for sure until June when I go to have the study done.

For me..the less I sleep, the better I feel....

the longer I sleep, the worse I feel...wake up with terrible headaches and feel so tired when I sleep like 8 hrs right now.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast