• P 64

8 19.05%
  • OTHERS

5 11.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default cz82 or p 64 poll

like the title says i am looking to get another c&r pistol. which of the two would be a better choice? my price range is around $300 so i have room to work if there are any better suggestions than the two above. Open to all calibers. What is your opinion and review on the two, or others in the $300 range of c&r pistols?

Default Re: cz82 or p 64 poll

The CZ just because it's a CZ.

(Northampton County)

I voted for others, not because the two that you chose are bad in fact I own both and also own the Pa-63, the Ap-6 the bulgarian mak, the polish P-83 Wanad and the Russian Hi-cap mak. They are all great pistols. and very reasonably priced. It depends on what you will use them for, I carry the Pa-63
    all the time in the summer, my Cz 82 goes to my business every day and is there in case I need it ,nice to have 12 rounds and a spare mag on hand. I also carry the p-64 -a little heavy, the pa-63 has an alloy frame and is 7 rounds to six in the p-64. Extra mags for the Pa -63 cost me $12.95 each, polish mags are going to run 24 to and are tougher to find, cz mags $30.00 and new about $40.00. MY range favorite is the Cz -82, followed by the P-83 poilsh< the smaller ones are fun to shoot ,but the recoil takes a toll on my hands after a box or two. Of course ammo is cheap. The cz-82 is 170.00 to 209.00 depending where you buy it. The polish p-64 is $170.00 from sog or j&gs'. Heck if you got 300.00 add a couple more dollars and but one of each. If you are in the Easton ,Pa area you are welcome to go to the range with me and try them out before you buy. I am also an ffl dealer.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(York County)

CZ-82, I own 2 of each and the double action trigger pull on the P-64 is horrendous to say the least. The CZ-82 on the other hand is comfortable to shoot, reliable and has double the mag capacity. It is larger, but I manage to pocket carry an 82 in Columbia Lander Pants and Lander Shorts on a daily basis. The P-64 is definately easier to conceal, but if I need something smaller, I reach for a Walther PPk not a "knock off"

(Monroe County)

I voted both, if you put $50 more you can get both, i like mines, however you will need to buy a spring kit for the P64 because as mentioned before the trigger pull is horrendous .

Get both .

Mike

I went with the CZ82 --

I own both and the CZ82 has more pluses than the P64.

CZ82 - 12 round capacity - Ambidextrous controls - Better ergonomics - Most have polygonal Rifling making them more accurate and one of the best double action triggers out there, in fact the only negative I can think of is a wider grip for the double column magazine, and even that isn't bad.

P64 - Unless you are Mr. Universe, You will need to replace the Springs as the Trigger pull is about 600# in double action, naturally single action isn't bad - Has a Heel Butt Mag release (European Style) - 6 shot Magazine vs. Cz82's 12 round. - it is basically a 9x18mm PPk without the push button mag release and felt recoil is considerably more than the CZ82, The only plus I can think of is that it's more concealable than the CZ.

These of course are my opinions, But even though it seems I'm a CZ fan, I actually like them both and if you can afford to, I'd grab one of each. I think the P64's are in a more limited supply, So I imagine these will be drying up soon.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Northampton County)

600 lbs trigger pull in double action , thats a slightly exaggerated-more like 16 lbs , now the pa-63 is closer to 20 lbs yeah its tough on double action but cheap ammo and with practice you can master it. I actually like that first shot tougher, if I pulled the trigger on an assailant it means I meant to and it prevents accidental discharges. Are these pistols the perfect carry pistol -no, but there are dammed reliable and decently accurate. The Cz 82 does beat them all and in my opinion its followed by the Polish P83 then the East German and Bulgarian Maks, after that Polish P-64 and the Pa-63. Out of all of these I prefer the Pa-63 for Light weight summer carry hold 7 rounds light extremely light hits where you shoot, accurate,extra mags $12.95 each pistol costs $169.95 The most accurate in my opinion is The polish P-83 nice made pistol. I will have my son add pics of my 9x18 collection to this thread later today. If you get the chance to shoot them all do so they excellent surplus pistols.

Last edited by Brian Ahearn; July 13th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

Cool Re: cz82 or p 64 poll

The cz82 outclasses the p64 in almost every way
    Gott mit uns

(Northumberland County)

well i couldnt wait so i ordered the cz. hopefully its here tomorrow and maybe next week i'll pick up the p64 depending on how much cash i have left. i'll update wehn it comes in. thanks for all the replies.

(Carbon County)

cant go wrong with the cz, i have the 83 and i can say i never had a single problem with it. its also got a great trigger and for a blow back, the easiest to shoot. great guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast