Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default 18-year-old charged in home invasion

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...a423132069.txt

Published: Tuesday, May 5, 2009

By Linda Reilly, Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — A Bywood man had no trouble identifying the man who stole $616 from him at gunpoint because it was allegedly his next-door neighbor.

Dayvon Terry, 18, of the 7200 block of Bradford Road, was charged with the alleged home invasion and theft of the money.

Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood was one of several officers who responded to the report of an armed robbery inside a house on Bradford Road.

“The complainant had just cashed his Social Security check and was walking home when he was approached by Terry, who lifted his shirt and displayed a handgun in his waistband, demanding money,” Chitwood said, noting the victim refused and went home.

Another man approached the victim asking for a cigarette and they went inside the victim’s house.

According to Chitwood, Terry entered the victim’s house and allegedly held the gun to the man’s head, demanding money, saying, “Give it all to me now.”

Terry was arrested several hours later and arraigned on charges of robbery, theft, receiving stolen property, possessing instruments of crime and firearms not to carried without a license.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: 18-year-old charged in home invasion

What a fuckstick. Robbing an old man who lives next store is bad enough, but when you do it without a mask you prove you are too dumb to even be a successful criminal. This leads me to think he will become one of those stupid violent thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    What a fuckstick. Robbing an old man who lives next store is bad enough, but when you do it without a mask you prove you are too dumb to even be a successful criminal. This leads me to think he will become one of those stupid violent thugs.
    They never said criminals were smart

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    They never said criminals were smart
    Granted. I think there are some who are sly like a fox though. Like have enough brain function to think "I live next to this guy, he will recognize my face, I should wear a mask and rob him at night." This one is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    This one is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
    Nah, just not the sharpest pencil in the box. Oh well, he will have a few years to figure out what he did wrong now.

(Northumberland County)

wondering if the old man got his money back? i doubt it most robberies dont get their money back,the old man should have been armed then that wouldnt have happened.

It may have helped the guy avoid robbery, but from the sounds of it the thug had the drop on him. I don't know that I would try to draw from concealment or even from OC if confronted by a thug brandishing. I'm not saying I wouldn't, but just being armed is not some magic tailisman that will stop all violence from being visited upon you.

Now some thug following me into my home would present me with several tactical options that would lead to flying lead.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    By Linda Reilly, Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — A Bywood man had no trouble identifying the man who stole $616 from him at gunpoint because it was allegedly his next-door neighbor.
    *ugh*

The actor, until convicted, "allegedly" stole the money. His living next-door isn't an allegation. How do these hacks get into the news business?

Dayvon
    What an unusually interesting name! I'm drawing no conclusions or implying anything, I'm just stating how unusual and interesting that name is!

Terry, 18, of the 7200 block of Bradford Road, was charged with the alleged home invasion and theft of the money.
    Yes!!! That's the right word!

“The complainant had just cashed his Social Security check and was walking home when he was approached by Terry, who lifted his shirt and displayed a handgun in his waistband, demanding money,” Chitwood said, noting the victim refused and went home.
    "Displayed a handgun". Hah. That's like showing someone a picture of a handgun. I'd draw and let him see the business end of one. :-)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Nah, just not the sharpest pencil in the box. Oh well, he will have a few years to figure out what he did wrong now.
    Have you guys seen the statisics about the earnings of the average career criminal?
    They did a study back home in Chicago a few years ago and the results were pretty stunning.
    Most of the criminals studdied lived with their mothers (these were grown men in their 30's and 40's). They made on average less than $1 and hour (using the 40 hour work week as the standard, they averaged about $40 a week after all their crime was commited).
    The only advantage that could be determined was that they were their own bosses and made their own hours.
    The study concluded that if kids were shown that they could maintain a higher standard of living washing dishes or working the counter at a fast food resteraunt that crime would drop significantly.
    So what does the Chicago city school board decide to do with the information at hand?
    To show the study to seniors in high school.
    The effect on crime? None.
    They refused (even though advised) to show it to freshmen students.
    The reason freshmen was the desired group to show it to was because they were old enough to understand the material, but too young to deside to not come to school without a truant officer coming to visit them. So most of the kids that may have been reached by the information had already quit high school by the time the information was presented.
    I am convinced it is the powers that be in Chicago conspiring to maintain the status quo of haves and have nots