Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Some people should not be allowed to own guns.

Responsible gun owners. Enforce existing laws. Doing what's right. We've all said these things, or at least, heard them. And, for the most part, I agree. However, something that happened to me tonight makes me think that some people just don't get it.

A few days ago, a neighboring police department arrested a guy with 2 grams of Heroin, and a stolen Browning Hi-Power. The suspect told officers where he got the gun from, which was another scumbag heroin addict. Addict number 2 confessed to stealing the gun from his grandfather's gun safe. Grandpa told the police that the safe required both a key and a combination, limiting access to it.

So, I am assigned to investigate the thefts, and interview grandpa, and file appropriate charges. Seems right, correct? Enforce the existing law, prosecute the offender, etc.

Of course, grandpa wants the guy that possessed the gun prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But his darling grandson... Forget about it. According to grandpa, there is no way that his POS grandson could have stolen the gun. Even though he confessed.

I explained that the guy with the gun was being prosecuted, but if he didn't want his grandson arrested, then that was fine with me, but, the next time he stole a gun, and sold it for drugs, maybe luck wouldn't be on our side. I went to end the call, and grandpa asked me when he could get his gun back! I thought, but did not say, "Why, so your fuckhead grandkid can sell it again?"

This, my friends, is NOT what I consider responsible gun ownership.

Default Re: Some people should not be allowed to own guns.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Responsible gun owners. Enforce existing laws. Doing what's right. We've all said these things, or at least, heard them. And, for the most part, I agree. However, something that happened to me tonight makes me think that some people just don't get it.

A few days ago, a neighboring police department arrested a guy with 2 grams of Heroin, and a stolen Browning Hi-Power. The suspect told officers where he got the gun from, which was another scumbag heroin addict. Addict number 2 confessed to stealing the gun from his grandfather's gun safe. Grandpa told the police that the safe required both a key and a combination, limiting access to it.

So, I am assigned to investigate the thefts, and interview grandpa, and file appropriate charges. Seems right, correct? Enforce the existing law, prosecute the offender, etc.

Of course, grandpa wants the guy that possessed the gun prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But his darling grandson... Forget about it. According to grandpa, there is no way that his POS grandson could have stolen the gun. Even though he confessed.

I explained that the guy with the gun was being prosecuted, but if he didn't want his grandson arrested, then that was fine with me, but, the next time he stole a gun, and sold it for drugs, maybe luck wouldn't be on our side. I went to end the call, and grandpa asked me when he could get his gun back! I thought, but did not say, "Why, so your fuckhead grandkid can sell it again?"

This, my friends, is NOT what I consider responsible gun ownership.
    Damn, that sucks you can't throw the whole bunch, under the jail!

(Cumberland County)

i think i would make it a real pain in his ass to get it back.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    i think i would make it a real pain in his ass to get it back.
    Sure, let's violate his rights because he has an unreasonable emotional attachment to his grandson that challenges his judgment.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Sure, let's violate his rights because he has an unreasonable emotional attachment to his grandson that challenges his judgment.
    good point.shit like this just piss me off

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    good point.shit like this just piss me off
    Of course it does, you had an irrational emotional response to something that aggravates and frustrates you...which is pretty much why the grandfather reacted the way he did. It's human, and there's no law against being one, nor should there be repercussions from the state for it.

It pisses me off too, but we've got to reel that shit in when it occurs otherwise we're no better than the anti-gunners. Cheers man.

(Allegheny County)

I hate people who try to see the best in others, especially someone they watched grow up, unable to see that what they see in someone isn't the truth of who they are.

Now where's that rolling eyes smiley...

(Philadelphia County)

If the grandson confesses to illegally transferring the firearm, can't he be prosecuted for violating the UFA? Seems like you don't need the grandpa for that.

(Delaware County)

I know I'll get flamed for this but, I want to see both those little dirtbags go to jail and grandpa can kiss his gun goodbye. I'm sick of this shit. Screw them all. If the safe is locked, how did the peckerhead grandson get the gun?
    No lets not violate his right to own firearms, but somebody read him the riot act. YOUR GRANDSON IS A DIRTBAG, DON'T LET HIM IN YOUR HOUSE!
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Northumberland County)

if the grandpa said the safe wasnt accessable then how did the gun get stolen or missing? either the grandfather gave it to the grandson and the grandson sold it so who do you think would be at fault the grandson or the grandfather? the grandfather wasnt being responsible with the gun...unless he didnt know the grandson was a addict..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast