Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back home

(Westmoreland County)

Smile Back home

Hello all. Just a quick note to say "hello, I'm back from Iraq, and goodbye", I'm headed to the Columbia River Gorge for a new job.

Iraq was uneventful in the sense of combat events. I'd like more than ever to see it turned into a glass parking lot though. Nothing but sand and bedouins where I was most of the time. Once we leave they'll tear at each other for a while and the US will turn an eye away from the mall for a few and say "oh, my aren't they savages." Yes, as a rule, they are. Thats why we call it a "third world". Enough on the soapbox. What my wife dealt with back here with our three kids was much harder than hanging out with the Grunts getting angry about not having anyone to kill. If I have to wipe another bugger...

Now for the love of God, what happened while I was gone and where the hell are all the primers!!!! I ordered reloading stuff while I was gone with the intention of reloading to compete and THERE ARE NO DAMN PRIMERS!

S/F
    Pinto

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Back home

Thanks for serving. Best wishes with the new job.
    Enjoy your family.
    Rock-it3

(Susquehanna County)

Welcome back. I'd say it's better to be bored over there than too busy. Too busy means a higher probability of getting a Purple Heart

(Lancaster County)

Welcome home! Be safe and Thank you for serving!
    I like this place great people and lots of info!

(Allegheny County)

Glad your back safe, even if it was boring as hell (if you were up anywhere near Diyala, I feel your pain), but boring is way better than getting shot at (ass holes shooting at my vehicle!)....And well, you missed the Obamaphobia stockpile syndrome that some people caught....I consider myself lucky when I run into a place that has .45 ACP in stock!
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Hello all. Just a quick note to say "hello, I'm back from Iraq, and goodbye", I'm headed to the Columbia River Gorge for a new job.

Iraq was uneventful in the sense of combat events. I'd like more than ever to see it turned into a glass parking lot though. Nothing but sand and bedouins where I was most of the time. Once we leave they'll tear at each other for a while and the US will turn an eye away from the mall for a few and say "oh, my aren't they savages." Yes, as a rule, they are. Thats why we call it a "third world". Enough on the soapbox. What my wife dealt with back here with our three kids was much harder than hanging out with the Grunts getting angry about not having anyone to kill. If I have to wipe another bugger...

Now for the love of God, what happened while I was gone and where the hell are all the primers!!!! I ordered reloading stuff while I was gone with the intention of reloading to compete and THERE ARE NO DAMN PRIMERS!

S/F
    Pinto
    Welcome back. Good to know that you were bored out there. How strange that our soldiers would be unable to find people to fight with almost two years to the day since we were defeated in Iraq.

Welcome back, Pinto!
    Thank you for your service!

(Berks County)

Welcome home Brother. Have to agree about the Iraqis. It's already starting. I lived with them for a year as a combat advisor. My whackers were Shi'ite (MOI Forces)and they were running death squads against the Sunnis. As soon as we pull out of the cities it will be game on.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Berks County)

Gunman in Iraqi uniform kills 2 U.S. soldiers

By Brian Murphy - The Associated Press
    Posted : Saturday May 2, 2009 13:14:53 EDT

BAGHDAD — A gunman wearing an Iraqi army uniform opened fire on a U.S. military team Saturday, killing two American soldiers and wounding three others at a combat outpost in northern Iraq, the military said.

A military statement said the attacker was killed after the ambush-style assault 12 miles south of Mosul, which is one of the last urban strongholds for Sunni insurgents.

In the past, attackers have used military and police uniforms to bypass checkpoints and gain access to heavily guarded bases.

The U.S. statement gave no other information on the attack, but Iraqi military officials said the gunman was a Sunni Muslim cleric assigned to an Iraqi army unit.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

The attack could elevate worries about militant infiltration in Iraqi security forces as the U.S. military turns over more responsibilities in a phased withdrawal process before all American forces leave at the end of 2011.

In late February, two Iraqi police officers in Mosul opened fire on a visiting U.S. military team, killing one American soldier and an interpreter. The gunmen remain fugitives.
    ///end///

This will get worse as we draw down.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Susquehanna County)

Welcome back to the world enjoy a beer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast