Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Yet Another DHS Memo

Original Document

Some Excerpts:

militia movement - A rightwing extremist movement composed of groups or individuals who adhere to an antigovernment ideology often incorporating various conspiracy theories. Members oppose most federal and state laws, regulations, and authority (particularly firearms laws and regulations) and often conduct paramilitary training designed to resist perceived government interference in their activities or to overthrow the U.S. Government through the use of violence. (also: citizens militia, unorganized militia)

patriot movement - A term used by rightwing extremists to link their beliefs to those commonly associated with the American Revolution. The patriot movement primarily comprises violent antigovernment groups such as militias and sovereign citizens. (also: Christian patriots, patriot group, Constitutionalists, Constitutionist)

sovereign citizen movement - A rightwing extremist movement composed ofgroups or individuals who reject the notion of U.S. citizenship. They claim to follow only what they believe to be God’s law or common law and the original 10 amendments (Bill of Rights) to the U.S. Constitution. They believe they are emancipated from all other responsibilities associated with being a U.S. citizen, such as paying taxes, possessing a driver’s license and motor vehicle registration, or holding a social security number. They generally do not recognize federal or state government authority or laws. Several sovereign citizen groups in the United States produce fraudulent documents for their members in lieu of legitimate government-issued forms of identification. Members have been known to advocate or engage in criminal activity and plot acts of violence and terrorism in an attempt to advance their extremist goals. They often target government officials and law enforcement. (also: state citizens, freemen, preamble citizens, common law citizens)

tax resistance movement - Groups or individuals who vehemently believe taxes violate their constitutional rights. Among their beliefs are that wages are not income, that paying income taxes is voluntary, and that the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which allowed Congress to levy taxes on income, was not properly ratified. Members have been known to advocate or engage in criminal activity and plot acts of violence and terrorism in an attempt to advance their extremist goals. They often target government entities such as the Internal Revenue Service and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. (also: tax protest movement, tax freedom movement, antitax movement)
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Yet Another DHS Memo

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    Original Document

Some Excerpts:
    ..." Members oppose most federal and state laws, regulations, and authority ...
    Good Lord, they are targeting the Amish!! I didn't see any references to "flea infested desert bedouins".
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

It feels like it's 1994 all over again..........

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    It feels like it's 1994 all over again..........
    I was thinking more along the lines of 1984.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post

patriot movement - A term used by rightwing extremists to link their beliefs to those commonly associated with the American Revolution. The patriot movement primarily comprises violent antigovernment groups such as militias and sovereign citizens. (also: Christian patriots, patriot group, Constitutionalists, Constitutionist)
    You've got to love it when they come right out and leave a giant, steamy pile on folks that value that old rag we call the Constitution. It really drives me nuts that people that believe in the ideals this country was founded upon are seen (primarily by the left) as radical nut-jobs.

Note: Bold added for emphasis.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Damn it to all hell. There's at least two or three moe lists I am on now. I am not trying to fly any time in the next 3-7 years.

(Philadelphia County)

You missed the most important definition in the entire document

(U) extremist group (U//FOUO) An ideologically driven organization that advocates or attempts to bring about political, religious,
    economic, or social change through the use of force, violence,
    or ideologically motivated criminal activity.
    There it is. That's what the DHS reports mean when they use the word extremist. You can all stop freaking out and referring to yourselves ironically as "right wing extremists" now.

it's a sad day when you're labled as a dangerous person for wanting to follow the founding documents

(Northampton County)

Hell anyone who doesn't march lockstep with those guys is considered a threat. Too bad they forgot to read the Founding Documents. Guess they got a public school edumacashun huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    You missed the most important definition in the entire document

There it is. That's what the DHS reports mean when they use the word extremist. You can all stop freaking out and referring to yourselves ironically as "right wing extremists" now.
    Says a leftist who helped bring us a government that is engaging in profiling based on political party affiliation, Christianity, vet status, and belief that the Constitution is law.

Actually, given that such a government depends on spies among the citizenry, given your support for The Kenyan before the election and your support for such un-American abuse of government power based on political opinion now, I would have wonder whether you are one of those spies.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast