Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crap.. my son has Mono

AND he is at college almost 4 hours from home. He has 2 finals next Tues and one on Wednesday. I hope he can manage to make it, right now I am feeling very Mommy-ish and wanting to comfort and care for my son. Really sucks that he has to go through this alone.

I had Mono in the same time in college, I didn't tell my parents as they were 8 hours away and I had no idea how really serious it was at the time. I just toughed it out too and popped caffeine pills to stay awake to take my finals.

PSU must have some sort of protocol for Professors to follow when a kid gets sick right before finals with a provable illness. He's been diagnosed at the clinic on campus with a blood test so we know he really has it.
    Darn!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Crap.. my son has Mono

WOW, that is bad. Mono makes you very, very tired. I hope your son can study and take his exams without too much trouble.

(Allegheny County)

I had mono during finals and didn't realize until after the fact that I could have taken an incomplete on the classes and taken the finals after I was better with no penalty. You may want to suggest he do the same.

SUCKS!!

Maybe you can get over to see him and give him some Mommying to get him through it all.

He's written all his professors for finals and waiting to hear what they will suggest. I'd prefer he come home this weekend, but I think he's gonna try to make it thru the finals and then collapse.

(Lebanon County)

I am sorry to hear this. I hope he is feeling better and makes it through his exams. Positive thoughts and prayers for him. HUGS FOR YOU!!!

When I got the mono in college they sent my ass home and told me not to come back until my doctor said okay.

(Allegheny County)

I got mono my final semester at Penn State, and from my experiences most of the profs were pretty cool about it. I went to the medical building on campus and they gave me a note/letter to show my professors which basically said that I had mono and I may need extra time to complete some assignments/exams and that they should make accommodations and be lenient on deadlines.

I sent an email to all of my instructors and told them I could provide them a copy of the letter if needed, but they all just told me to take it easy and that they'd give me extra time if needed and wouldn't count attendance against me.

Lucky for me I was barely affected by it and didn't miss any class, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's a common thing and people that work in universities probably see it happen all the time.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    He's written all his professors for finals and waiting to hear what they will suggest. I'd prefer he come home this weekend, but I think he's gonna try to make it thru the finals and then collapse.
    I hope everything goes well for him. That really sucks it is happening so close to finals, I don't know what I would do if that happened to me Hopefully he can push them back if need be so he can study enough!

(Centre County)

I'm here at PSU and a friend of mine recently had mono too. I don't know how many/hard his finals are but it would probably be easier if he can just get them done now instead of waiting a few weeks and forgetting too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast