Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default OC to CC, getting one over on the public

As many of you know I OC everywhere I go. This week I received my first IWB tuckable holster in the mail so I've been CC'ing everywhere. When I CC, it feels almost "dishonest". I've just had this feeling of "if you people only knew that I have a gun on my hip right now". I'm a pretty straightforward kind of person. I don't do things to impress people and anything I do is because it's going to positively effect my life or someone I care about. OC'ing really seems to fit my personality well. CC to me, seems like I'm -getting one over on the public-. Anyone care to elaborate on this sense of ironic awkwardness?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: OC to CC, getting one over on the public

I understand, u see when i was growing up i use my eyes more then my ears i can sense when alot of people are staring at me, or talking about me its just a gift that i have,when i OC one time i felt like the whole world is looking at me... i didnt like that undivided attention. so i switched to CC its not only safer, but people dont stare at me like i am obvious anymore.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    I understand, u see when i was growing up i use my eyes more then my ears i can sense when alot of people are staring at me, or talking about me its just a gift that i have,when i OC one time i felt like the whole world is looking at me... i didnt like that undivided attention. so i switched to CC its not only safer, but people dont stare at me like i am obvious anymore.
    Thanks for the input but let's not turn this into an OC vs CC debate please.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

That feeling like I am hiding something or that I have 1 up on the public is the exact reason I like CCing. The feeling is perfectly normal, but since your use to OCing, like you said it feels almost wrong. After awhile that feeling goes away though, and its just like carrying anything else. Remember when you first started carrying a pocket knife and always thought that if someone started something they wouldn't know you had it until it was too late. And it kinda gave you the boost in your step for a little while, but now you usually forget you have it on you, to me CCing has turned into that. But whether you OC or CC, which is totally up to you, you'll eventually become comfortable with it. But it is ironic, usually people have the inverse reaction and finder it harder to OC, but to each his own. Good luck!
    "

(Allegheny County)

I kinda felt that way when I started to OC. It kinda felt weird like I was doing something wrong. I CC for 2 years before I ever OCed so it's like we are opposites switching sides.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Allegheny County)

I CC and don't feel like I'm being dishonest. I am the type of person who doesn't feel like dealing with any potential backlash of confrontations due to OC.

When I CC I feel more like I'm just avoiding upsetting the sheep. I do chuckle though that I think gun rights would be supported more if people really knew how many guns were in our society and that normal people own and carry them. I also look at CC as, instead of deceiving the public, more like deceiving the bad guy that on entering some place that they want to cause trouble in. If I were to cause problems, I'd look to take out security and armed citizens first. If I'm CC, I just blend into the crowd and have the element of surprise on my side.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyMontag View Post
    I CC and don't feel like I'm being dishonest. I am the type of person who doesn't feel like dealing with any potential backlash of confrontations due to OC.

When I CC I feel more like I'm just avoiding upsetting the sheep. I do chuckle though that I think gun rights would be supported more if people really knew how many guns were in our society and that normal people own and carry them. I also look at CC as, instead of deceiving the public, more like deceiving the bad guy that on entering some place that they want to cause trouble in. If I were to cause problems, I'd look to take out security and armed citizens first. If I'm CC, I just blend into the crowd and have the element of surprise on my side.

Well wouldn't you check everyone and see if they are armed? I know I would so there wouldn't be a surprise because you would already have a gun pointed at you before you could go for yours.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Somerset County)

Well , when I,m out and about I OC and CC so I guess I have mixed emotions . On the one hand I OC a S&W model 19 and on the other hand I cc a pf 9.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Lehigh County)

I personally feel more comfortable OC. I guess that comes from being in the military where everything is kept out in the open. (weapons) I agree there are times when CC just makes more sense (to me) and have been OC/CC when/where I feel appropriate. I guess what I am trying to say is I don't get the feeling you describe when I CC.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Himni View Post
    Well wouldn't you check everyone and see if they are armed? I know I would so there wouldn't be a surprise because you would already have a gun pointed at you before you could go for yours.
    On reading that again, I guess I worded that poorly.

If I were to cause problems, I'd look to take out security and armed citizens first. If I'm CC, I just blend into the crowd and have the element of surprise on my side.
    Read that as:
    As a BG: If I were to cause problems, I'd look to take out security and armed citizens first.
    But as a GG: If I'm CC, I just blend into the crowd and have the element of surprise on my side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast