Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default any way to file a lawsuit against fraud company?

long story but im tired of being robbed for my hard earned money. back in feb i was looking for apartments. i found a company called HR national on craiglist, they had a 7 day trial for 1.99$ where they would send me a list of houses for rent in my area.. so ok i called and signed up, i waited about 10 days and never recieved the list of homes so i called them up. they said it would be coming soon , i asked to just cancel my acct and be done , they said they cant until i recieved the list of homes with my pasword and username. i waited 3 more days. still no list. i called back and some hindu lady answers . i argue and demand my acct cancelled since i never recieve the list , she finally says ok and a day later i get an email saying acct cancelled.. to my dumbness i erased it and thought no more of it. till later that month i get a 49.99 charge taken out of my acct . i called them asap and they insist i never cancelled my 7 day trial. which i did and it was the same hindu lady too.. i dispute it with the bank and like 2 weeks later the bank takes my money back from the company. the next month went by and nothing else was charged so i figure im in the clear , now this month another 1$ and a 50$ charge from the same company appears in my bank.. this is starting to get old fast . they are stealing my money . the bank is now going through the company to try to get my money back b4 just taking it back like they did the first time. now im out 51$ just becase someone thinks they can rob me.. it aint the money so much but the fact they just take money out when they feel like it with no warning and i never authorized it.. i googled this company and they done it to alot of ppl. is there any thing i can do like sue them or anything or not even worth the time? soon as i get my money back this time i am closing the bank acct.
    Last edited by 97grnrs; April 30th, 2009 at 12:18 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: any way to file a lawsuit against fraud company?

Closing the bank account is definitely the first step along with warning your bank as to what is going on.

For suing, filing fees will probably be more than what they owe you. You can attach them to the complaint though, but actually collecting any award may be a problem - thus leaving you out the loss and the fees.

There may be criminal charges you could file too. Speak with the DA if you can.