Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Cleveland man found guilty of killing toddler

ELYRIA - A Cleveland man pleaded guilty this morning to killing his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son in 2007.

Damien Hiley, 23, could be sentenced to 10 years in prison for charges of involuntary manslaughter, felonious assault and two counts of endangering children for the beating death of Nicolas Shaw. Prosecutors agreed to reduce his murder charge to the manslaughter.
    http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...a012139409.txt

COULD BE sentenced to 10 years???? He beat a two year old to death. WTF. Can we please end these insane fucking plea bargains?
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Adams County)

Default Re: Cleveland man found guilty of killing toddler

We need to reinstitute public hangings.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Montgomery County)

As a father of two young children, one of them being 2, I volunteer my services in beating this scumbag into a bag of flesh filled with mashed organs and bone fragments. Fucking disgusting. And whoever worked out the deal for a POSSIBLE ten-year sentence needs to spend an eternity in hell, starting immediately.

(Erie County)

But if he had shot this child he would be looking at life. Amazing how its understandable for someome in the heat of the moment to beat someone to death. Murder is murder no matter what the cause. This jerk deserves to die, not to be fed and housed by the taxpayers of the state. Hell I'll ever donate the bullet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by etenp99 View Post
    But if he had shot this child he would be looking at life. Amazing how its understandable for someome in the heat of the moment to beat someone to death. Murder is murder no matter what the cause. This jerk deserves to die, not to be fed and housed by the taxpayers of the state. Hell I'll ever donate the bullet.
    While murder IS murder, I believe beating someone to death shows more intent on causing extreme suffering to the victim. Not to mention the repeated physical actions, where one would have time to, um, "think" about what they were doing. Hell, if I had a choice between being killed (not assaulted, but guaranteed of death) with a bat/brick/tire iron or a gun, I'm taking the hot lead.

But yes, the logic IS screwed up. And anyone who harms a BABY needs their cranium ventilated. There is just no argument in their favor. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by s.bass73 View Post
    As a father of two young children, one of them being 2, I volunteer my services in beating this scumbag into a bag of flesh filled with mashed organs and bone fragments. Fucking disgusting. And whoever worked out the deal for a POSSIBLE ten-year sentence needs to spend an eternity in hell, starting immediately.
    At one time I worked on a pipeline crew with a former attendee of Texas' Huntsville State Correctional Facility. He told me stories over coffee a couple of times guaranteed to curl the hair, among them one concerning a fella who supposedly was a child molester. I am fairly certain that, if left in the general population of the prison system, not only will this shit stacked human-high have a full dance card every night, but that odds against his long-term survival will be exceedingly steep.

I volunteer to hold said shit tightly by the neck while you compress and reorganize his internal things. Those who would harm children, in any way, deserve a special hell; if condemning them gets me one also, I'd take it if it'd save the kids. Dammit, that sets me on fire. Seven kids here, from six months to twenty six years, and they're my life.

(Allegheny County)

This is just a symptom of our ailing society. Disposable marriages leave women with kids and no man. Having kids out of wedlock gives us a similar situation. All too often these women are desperate for the attention of a man, any man, so they take up with . . . scum. Scum who'll knock them up and abandon them or scum who will beat the kids because they make noise, spill his beer, or, worse yet, use up his beer money for food.

A big part of the responsibility rests on the mother's shoulders for making a bad choice. However, she'll probably find another scumbag and be pregnant within a year.

(Somerset County)

It's Cleveland so that doesn't surprise me!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    We need to reinstitute public hangings.

camper
    I am all for it

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Unfuckingbelievable. May get 10 years? I am infuriated. WTF is wrong with the justice system when the most vulnerable among us are not protected and given justice. I know we bitch about the whole "It's for the children" mentality of the antis and such, but in this case they have FAILED the child. The shitbag should be dead, the prosecutor who structured the deal needs to be re-educated VERY strongly and the judge who accepted it should join him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast