Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Carry down to NC

I'm planning on driving down to the outer banks this august, I see that they are reciprocal with PA which is a good start. I wanted to view the actually carrying of firearms page (on pafoa). But I couldn't get it to work for me, the PDF just kept closing.
    Basically all I am asking is if someone can look for me and see if I'm in the clear to carry on me or in the glove box through WV, VA, and into NC. I'll probably carry concealed while at the outer banks. I have hollow points and was planning on having those in the mag unless they're illegal...
    So, I guess that's all, but it you find anything that you think I should know, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Default Re: Carry down to NC

If you have a PA LTCF, you carry as usual through those states.
    MD is the only issue might run into, but you don't seem to be going there, so.....
    Carry-on.........

I believe NC is a must notify state, not sure,though.

(Allegheny County)

NC is a must notify state, other than that you're good to go. I carried to SC with the exception of SC where I had it in the glove box loaded.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghstarsky View Post
    I'm planning on driving down to the outer banks this august, I see that they are reciprocal with PA which is a good start. I wanted to view the actually carrying of firearms page (on pafoa). But I couldn't get it to work for me, the PDF just kept closing.
    Basically all I am asking is if someone can look for me and see if I'm in the clear to carry on me or in the glove box through WV, VA, and into NC. I'll probably carry concealed while at the outer banks. I have hollow points and was planning on having those in the mag unless they're illegal...
    So, I guess that's all, but it you find anything that you think I should know, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

PA has agreements with WV, VA and NC. Open carry is legal in all of them too. Just be aware of NC's list of off-limits places while you carry there.

If you stumble into SC, you will have to put the gun in the glovebox or console. You can have it loaded though.

None of the mentioned states above have ammo or magazine regulations.

Follow the link, click on the states for further info: http://handgunlaw.us/

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    PA has agreements with WV, VA and NC. Open carry is legal in all of them too. Just be aware of NC's list of off-limits places while you carry there.

If you stumble into SC, you will have to put the gun in the glovebox or console. You can have it loaded though.

None of the mentioned states above have ammo or magazine regulations.

Follow the link, click on the states for further info: http://handgunlaw.us/
    VA has some off-limits places as well, specifically in an establishment that sells alcohol for "On Premises Consumption"
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    If you have a PA LTCF, you carry as usual through those states.
    MD is the only issue might run into, but you don't seem to be going there, so.....
    Carry-on.........

I believe NC is a must notify state, not sure,though.
    Must notify? Bring me up to speed here. Is this you must notify the State Police that you will be carrying in their State? If so, how many other States have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Must notify? Bring me up to speed here. Is this you must notify the State Police that you will be carrying in their State? If so, how many other States have this?
    If you are pulled over, you must tell the LEO, that you are carrying.

In VA, If a business serves alcohol, you must OC.

(Philadelphia County)

I am going down to the Outterbanks the last week of August!

To my knowledge(I may be wrong) you can not carry in a place that serves adult drinks at all.

I will be carrying down there where I can however.

(Allegheny County)

Biggs, that's too bad, I'm going the first week of august. To Corolla (never been there, hope it's fun). thank you for the help guys. I knew about MD, so I'm avoiding that state completely. I don't think I'll be stopping in Va or WV, I'm trying to make it to NC before I have to stop.
    My girlfriends mom lives in VA and we go there often, so it's good to know I can carry there but I have to leave the gun at the house if I'm out drinking.
    So basically what we have is that I need to Inform the LEO. And maybe can't take it into a bar.
    You guys are awesome, I'm really glad to have this forum, it's a vast wealth of knowledge.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghstarsky View Post
    Biggs, that's too bad, I'm going the first week of august. To Corolla (never been there, hope it's fun). thank you for the help guys. I knew about MD, so I'm avoiding that state completely. I don't think I'll be stopping in Va or WV, I'm trying to make it to NC before I have to stop.
    My girlfriends mom lives in VA and we go there often, so it's good to know I can carry there but I have to leave the gun at the house if I'm out drinking.
    So basically what we have is that I need to Inform the LEO. And maybe can't take it into a bar.
    You guys are awesome, I'm really glad to have this forum, it's a vast wealth of knowledge.
    Corrolla is real nice. OBX is not like the peoples republic of New Jersey's shore spots.

Its very laid back. No big attractions. It is a blast though.

Have fun and be safe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast