Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Stoves N Stuff

(Northampton County)

Default Stoves N Stuff

I went to pick up my woodstove today and wound up getting the "boss" huffy with me. You see, I had my 6yo daughter with me and I have to remember to leave "the boss" home when I go out.So anyway, I hand Tim my receipt for the stove and he goes behind the counter and says:
    Tim: "Are you going to shoot me?".
    me: "Only if you try to shoot me first."
    He seemed to like my answer and goes to the back to check on the stove. He comes out and instructs me to go to the back of the store to load the stove. Once there he asks:
    Tim:"What are you carrying?"
    me:"A 357mag."
    Tim:"What make?"
    me:"Smith&Wesson 686"
    At this point he starts telling me he is a supporter of carrying and that he CC's. We get into a 15 minute conversation, more of an overview, about carrying and laws. At this point me daughter, the boss, as she put it to Tim, tells me to hurry up because I have to get her home and ready for school, not to mention a stop at McD's on the way home. I tell him about this site and hand him a flier and go home. I not only had a very nice time buying the stove but then had an exceptional time once he realized that I was a fellow gun owner. If you are looking for a woodstove stop by and see Tim or George.

On a side note: On the way I passed the McD's on lehigh street and there was Mayor Ed being interviewed. I thought about stopping there first but decided that was for another day.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stoves N Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I went to pick up my woodstove today and wound up getting the "boss" huffy with me. You see, I had my 6yo daughter with me and I have to remember to leave "the boss" home when I go out.So anyway, I hand Tim my receipt for the stove and he goes behind the counter and says:
    Tim: "Are you going to shoot me?".
    me: "Only if you try to shoot me first."
    He seemed to like my answer and goes to the back to check on the stove. He comes out and instructs me to go to the back of the store to load the stove. Once there he asks:
    Tim:"What are you carrying?"
    me:"A 357mag."
    Tim:"What make?"
    me:"Smith&Wesson 686"
    At this point he starts telling me he is a supporter of carrying and that he CC's. We get into a 15 minute conversation, more of an overview, about carrying and laws. At this point me daughter, the boss, as she put it to Tim, tells me to hurry up because I have to get her home and ready for school, not to mention a stop at McD's on the way home. I tell him about this site and hand him a flier and go home. I not only had a very nice time buying the stove but then had an exceptional time once he realized that I was a fellow gun owner. If you are looking for a woodstove stop by and see Tim or George.

On a side note: On the way I passed the McD's on lehigh street and there was Mayor Ed being interviewed. I thought about stopping there first but decided that was for another day.

i love when i run into people who also carry