Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage

(Chester County)

Default Road Rage

I just had some random guy follow me to a shopping center, get out of his truck, and get about 2 inches away from my face, all the while screaming about me cutting him off.

I did the whole "Wow, I'm really sorry about that, etc. routine" even though I didn't know what he was so pissed about -- I didn't come within 10 yards of his truck at any time.

Why do people do shit like this?

What really irks me is that I've turned into such a complete pussy since I started carrying. Ten years ago I would have told him to go fuck himself and probably ended up in a fist fight. Can't do that now, can I?

I really need to start carrying pepper spray -- the gun is completely unsuited for this sort of thing. Like I need more shit dragging my belt down. Bah.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Road Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    Why do people do shit like this?
    It usually has noting to do with the driving. In my experience, people like this tend to be miserable in their lives for one reason or another, and something they think is happening on the road becomes a catalyst for their anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    What really irks me is that I've turned into such a complete pussy since I started carrying. Ten years ago I would have told him to go fuck himself and probably ended up in a fist fight. Can't do that now, can I?
    This shouldn't irk you at all. You're the better person for not returning his baseless insults with an insult. What good would that do? What does it accomplish? Nothing.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

I think you're making that up.
    The Brady bunch sez gun owners are a menace and that road rage will cause you to pull your gun and kill someone.

Since you didn't kill anyone, I must assume that you (a) don't even own a gun. or (b) made the whole thing up.

Then again, it may be (c) You are a pussy.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Then again, it may be (c) You are a pussy.

Totally
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    It usually has noting to do with the driving. In my experience, people like this tend to be miserable in their lives for one reason or another, and something they think is happening on the road becomes a catalyst for their anger.

This shouldn't irk you at all. You're the better person for not returning his baseless insults with an insult. What good would that do? What does it accomplish? Nothing.
    Thanks for the good words. It just feels impotent, and I don't like it, even if I know it was absolutely the right thing to do, and that I would do the exact thing over again.

(Erie County)

Another reason for open carry! Kidding.....

I woulda back peddled a bit. I'm not letting some pyscho screaming about the road get close to me.

(Montgomery County)

Were you driving the car in your avatar?

What is that an evo or an WRX?

Either way I now know why someone would be agitated by you, Damn EVO owners

I drive an S2000 and it instantly makes people aggressive towards me.

Causes people in front of me to drive slower and hit their brakes more often, causes people behind me to tailgate and causes people beside me to speed up.

If i drive my beater civic i get to work ~10 minutes faster, and no I'm not kidding.

The sight of a red convertible sports car infuriates some.

I've met lots of jerks in the S2000, I also meet lots of great people at the gas station with the compliments

(Allegheny County)

I would have just gotten out of my car, told him to back off, if he didnt, I would not have pulled my gun on him, but he would have got knocked out and then I would have left. I defended myself and left since I was backed up against my car ya know. Couldnt escape, and I felt my life in danger.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    Were you driving the car in your avatar?

What is that an evo or an WRX?

Either way I now know why someone would be agitated by you, Damn EVO owners

I drive an S2000 and it instantly makes people aggressive towards me.

Causes people in front of me to drive slower and hit their brakes more often, causes people behind me to tailgate and causes people beside me to speed up.

If i drive my beater civic i get to work ~10 minutes faster, and no I'm not kidding.

The sight of a red convertible sports car infuriates some.

I've met lots of jerks in the S2000, I also meet lots of great people at the gas station with the compliments
    Evo MR.

And you're really going to love this: I sold my (bright yellow) S2000 to get it

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    I would have just gotten out of my car, told him to back off, if he didnt, I would not have pulled my gun on him, but he would have got knocked out and then I would have left. I defended myself and left since I was backed up against my car ya know. Couldnt escape, and I felt my life in danger.
    He had about 100lbs. on me. While I'm not convinced he would have won -- the fight would definitely have ended up on the ground -- I simply can't hit hard enough to take someone that size down with one non-lethal or crippling strike. The only way I can handle someone that size would be to do the throat, eyes, or knees. And even then the guy was huge -- if he didn't drop instantly I was going to get hurt. I can't cripple someone over words any more than I can kill him

Or even worse, say that I dump a knee or pop him in the throat just hard enough to make him double over puking. And then HE pulls a gun on me....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast