Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Is it just me????

Today I went to a state range to sight in my .22. While I was there another guy was sighting in his 7MM. I started talking with the guy and he said he wanted to drive down to the 300yd backstop because its too far to walk. I joked and said I bet on the weekend you could make some money renting a golf cart to take people back and forth. He said, "I'd NEVER COME HERE ON A WEEKEND, ITS ALL THOSE ASSAULT WEAPON PEOPLE!!!!" I told him that thats what I usually bring but I didn't today. He then said they shouldn't allow those here.
    I bit my tongue as I really wanted to sight in my gun instead of arguing with the guy.

I've also had similiar situations in the past. What I'd like to know is does this happen to others at the state ranges?
    Is this the classic Harley / Sportbike, Ford / Chevy thing?????

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Is it just me????

I have heard that a few times. Those people with the AK-47's shooting up the target backers.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Is it just me????

I've heard you run into that more with the state ranges, the wannabe gangstas who got their gat and want sumfin ta shoot at.

The few times I've gone to my club with the rifles (I only have two 'assault' rifles, my 30-06 is still at my parents house in Jersey) I've either been there by myself, or there was another guy who had some very old military single-shot rifles...who didn't bring out the bigger stuff.

Personally, I don't care what someone else at the range thinks. If they feel uncomfortable and wind up leaving, one less person I have to wait on before I go down range to check out the targets.

I'm much happier shooting when I'm the only one there.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others