Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My guns

(Perry County)

Default My guns

Hi from a new member to the list. I'm Dave from Enola (central PA near Harrisburg). I'm 37 and have my handgun mainly for home defense. It's a Taurus model 65SS4 .357 magnum 4" bbl in stainless steel. I've always been partial to the Taurus line and have had several of their line including a 9MM (my first handgun) and a 2 .38s. My last handgun was a Ruger .40, which I traded in on this .357. I tend to like the revolver better than a semi-auto manily because I hate stripping and cleaning a semi-auto. My wife has a Jennings model J22 semi-auto which her step father bought for her years ago.

I don't currently have a LTC because, as I said, I have the handguns mainly for home defense. I had one which expired a few years back. I never renewed because, at the time, I wasn't carrying often. But, I am going to renew it now and start carrying again. It just seems like violent crime in our area is on the rise and I don't want to be a statistic.

Here's a few photos of my handgun and the wife's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Philadelphia County)

Welcome to the forum dave, glad to have you. I'd highly suggest getting your LTCF back..."Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Perry County)

Very true, Dan. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know some fellow PA gun owners.

Dave

(Bucks County)

Hi Dave, and welcome. There's nothing wrong with wheelguns, yours especially. I'd be cautious about trusting the jennings however. +1 for getting your carry permit again. Better safe than sorry. I hope you enjoy the site.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

Welcome DMG!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Cumberland County)

Smile

Welcome DMG! It's nice to see someone else from Cumberland County, and great to know that they're are other couples in our area that shoot together. The husband and I always go to the range together. What ranges do you go to in this area?

(Bucks County)

welcome to the forum man! catch ya on the forum chat sometime.
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Perry County)

Thank you all for the welcome! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Klpolk3, I haven't been shooting in some time. In fact, I have yet to have the new .357 out to the range. I never to seem to find the time between work and weekend projects. Plus, we're working on the house to hopefully sell it and buy one with more land in Perry County. I'll have to carve out some time to do that. My twin brother and I usually go out to the state game lands down in the Carlisle Springs area. We go down 944 and get on 34 and it's in there somewhere.

Starblazer, I know what you mean. We've only shot her Jennings once or twice and it tended to stovepipe the spent casings. I figure it's something that will hopefully correct as it gets shot more.

LorDiego01 and DrakinClaw...hello! I'll have to start posting in the Cumberland County forum.

Dave

(Cumberland County)

Smile

The range on the SGL on 944 is where my husband and I go also. We only live about 2 miles from it. It's nice out there and the Game wardens that I've met are extremely nice, but they are definitely watching for trouble makers after they had to close the pistol range for several months. Most of the people are extremely friendly.

(Perry County)

Do you happen to know if there are any times of the year that it is closed? I'd love to get up there for a few hours one of these upcoming weekends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast