Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default police have semiatuomatic weapons, we have assault rifles?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/27/...ngs/index.html

Authorities do not believe Zinkhan is still on campus or in the city of Athens, University Police Chief Jimmy Williams said Monday. As a precaution, he added, security has been beefed up on campus, including officers on foot patrols carrying semiautomatic weapons.

(Berks County)

Default Re: police have semiatuomatic weapons, we have assault rifles?

I know, I laughed when I heard it on the news.

Funny how it works.
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Caeser2001 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/27/...ngs/index.html

Authorities do not believe Zinkhan is still on campus or in the city of Athens, University Police Chief Jimmy Williams said Monday. As a precaution, he added, security has been beefed up on campus, including officers on foot patrols carrying semiautomatic weapons.
    Oh Oh Oh, the word automatic is in there! Save us from the evil black assault weapons!!!!

But seriously, it's just one more example of blatant media spin...We should stop calling them reporters and start calling them what they really are: biased and outrageously uneducated pundits.
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Come on guys (and gals) we have talked about this before ... perception and the use of key words in their story titles and text. They know EXACTLY what they are doing and with a few simple word changes they vilify one side all while creating sympathy for the other!

The story wouldn't have much punch if they said the bad guys had semi-auto weapons and so did the cops.

This is ALL to do three things:

1. (the most important to them) Sensationalize the news to sell advertising, the more outrageous the story the more suckers they pull and the more advertising revenues they get. They don't give two shits how accurate it is, if it brings in potential customers they have done their job.

2. Vilify any weapon not in the hands of the government, military or police to (of course) further the anti-gun agenda

3. To get the 'sheep' to agree to the militarization of our police forces. We keep going like we are and within a few years all police will be in armored vehicles with black uniforms, Kevlar helmets and ARs (in some cities this has already happened)

Welcome to the new US ... "unbelievable unadulterated outrageous lying propaganda aimed at the sheep in an effort to take every cent the can suck out of them all while they scare them into surrendering all their personal rights and becoming part of the machine

What makes you believe that they really are semi auto? Can't police purchase full auto? Given that they can probably get an M-16 cheaper then we can get an AR-15 it just doesn't make sense.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    What makes you believe that they really are semi auto? Can't police purchase full auto? Given that they can probably get an M-16 cheaper then we can get an AR-15 it just doesn't make sense.
    Liability, liability, liability. M-16s are cheap to law enforcement. The accidental strafing of a house while trying to put down a struck deer is not.

I am a firearms instructor. I wear my vest at the range. Do you know why I wear my vest at the range? All cops are not gun people.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Come on guys (and gals) we have talked about this before ... perception and the use of key words in their story titles and text. They know EXACTLY what they are doing and with a few simple word changes they vilify one side all while creating sympathy for the other!

The story wouldn't have much punch if they said the bad guys had semi-auto weapons and so did the cops.

This is ALL to do three things:

1. (the most important to them) Sensationalize the news to sell advertising, the more outrageous the story the more suckers they pull and the more advertising revenues they get. They don't give two shits how accurate it is, if it brings in potential customers they have done their job.

2. Vilify any weapon not in the hands of the government, military or police to (of course) further the anti-gun agenda

3. To get the 'sheep' to agree to the militarization of our police forces. We keep going like we are and within a few years all police will be in armored vehicles with black uniforms, Kevlar helmets and ARs (in some cities this has already happened)

Welcome to the new US ... "unbelievable unadulterated outrageous lying propaganda aimed at the sheep in an effort to take every cent the can suck out of them all while they scare them into surrendering all their personal rights and becoming part of the machine
    So they have semi, or full auto .223's.
    what is that going to do against a scoped hunting rifle?

Last edited by mikey; May 22nd, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Liability, liability, liability. M-16s are cheap to law enforcement. The accidental strafing of a house while trying to put down a struck deer is not.

I am a firearms instructor. I wear my vest at the range. Do you know why I wear my vest at the range? All cops are not gun people.
    Probably the same reason a friend from another gun forum wears her flak jacket around soldiers in basic throwing hand grenades.

And she has been blown up a couple of times trying to neutralize grenades that didn't go off when they were supposed to. But she was in her full coverage bomb suit. No major injuries.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    So they have semi, or full auto .223's.
    what is that going to do against a scoped hunting rifle?
    "You shot my gun god d*mn it! You're not supposed to shoot a person's gun! Oh, now that pisses me off! You know how much one of these cost? ..."
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}