Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Michaux St. Forest Range

that's way beyond dragging their feet.......................it won't reopen.
    In God We Trust............................

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    that's way beyond dragging their feet.......................it won't reopen.
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...haux/index.htm

Looks like they were at least looking into it with the study.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Dauphin County)

I'd love to see the range open back up, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't see them paying anyone to sit around and regulate the idiots that have ruined it for everyone else. Have you been to the Shooter's Range in Chambersburg? I recently picked up a M&P Shield 9mm and wanted to try it out. Even in an indoor facility I had morons shooting across lanes and hitting the wall and targets of other people. Ranges are nice, but it seems that without supervision some people just can't control themselves. Instead I had to drive 30 minutes to my parents' farm out in Adams County to shoot there.

IMHO it is the same sort of morons that got Michaux range closed that give the non-shooting public a bad view of guns and gun owners and make it bad for the rest of us.

(Franklin County)

Do you mean shooters delight. Been there a couple times.. I joined south mountain, very nice and quiet. gets busy during hunting season of course. Not much after that. I was very dependent on the michaux range , Then they keep jerking around. I haven't been there for 3 years now. every time I went I never had any problem. But I cant depend on them to reopen.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Do you mean shooters delight. Been there a couple times.. I joined south mountain, very nice and quiet. gets busy during hunting season of course. Not much after that. I was very dependent on the michaux range , Then they keep jerking around. I haven't been there for 3 years now. every time I went I never had any problem. But I cant depend on them to reopen.
    You know, I'm not sure the official name anymore. The website is under Shooter's Range (Edenville Rd) but that isn't what the sign out front says. Either way, the last time I was in there some of the people in there were completely out of control. There was one guy running the place (seemed like a heck of a good guy) and he can't man the range and the rest of the place at the same time. The shooters that were carrying on were mostly young guys who appeared to be in their early 20's and I certainly wasn't impressed. I had a cousin die years ago in a tragic gun accident so I can't stomach younger people with no respect for guns.

(Franklin County)

Has anyone heard anything new? It is a shame that our region has a single public range.

(Franklin County)

Went up there today. It's nice out and I have the day off. It's overgrown. And dry. I stopped at the office. No one there seemed concerned or cared to have the right info. I asked " Did you get the lead test back yet?"
    Answer "Yes". I asked "How did it turn out?" answer ,"I don't know."
    Answer further," The only thing I know is that the township has all the plans and there is a hold up there."
    More BS........................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Franklin County)

Well that sucks. I'm new to Franklin County...where's the closest outdoor range?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by publius71 View Post
    Well that sucks. I'm new to Franklin County...where's the closest outdoor range?
    Your best bet is going to be to join a club. Chambersburg Rod & Gun club might be accepting new members, but many of the smaller local groups aren't. There are quite a few clubs in Franklin County if you research it.

(Franklin County)

An article in Public Opinion indicates that theyre looking at sometime in 2015. Apparently there was a conflict with the Corp of Engineers over part of it being wetlands

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast