Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Michaux St. Forest Range

Contact the DNR , It's right down the road on rt 30. If the day is right I'll help.With one stipulation, I get to do some shooting on the pistol range,,,LOL
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

anyone been up there lately?

(Franklin County)

It was closed last time I tried to go. Kinda pissed me off a bit cuz I drove a good ways with almost all of my guns to shoot.

I just saw the pics Cheesybacon posted... good lord... Looks as if someone threw a frag down there or something. I have a few before pictures from when I went a month or so ago.

Last edited by Pro2A; July 28th, 2008 at 02:50 PM.

(Franklin County)

Went up there over the weekend to check it out. Looks like it's open. They put new backstops up and pushed mound of dirt in behind. I didn't see a sign that said closed. Until i came back from the pistol range. I think they just forgot ot take it down.. I met up with a guy at the pistol range. He said lightning had stuck the rifle range and burned over night. He was shooting a nice Eaa witness in a 10 mm round. Seemed like a nice gun. He failed to bring extra bulltes . Otherwise I would have asked if I could pop off a few rounds. Right after he bought it last year he put a round thru the bottom of his left wrist and came out the to middle of his hand. Didn't get his name..

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowXRacer View Post
    The think that pisses me off is I see the shooting benches down there with holes in them and the caution sign in the handicapped parking lot is all shot up. I just can't understand why one person has to ruin it for everyone. I am just going to have to buck up and join a club so that I have a nice place to shoot.
    SnowXracer, I hope you are still around. I am new to the fourm but have been shooting for many years. I don't want you or any one else to give in to these rude, selfish, disrespectfull insects. If we just move on and say well I gues they have ruined it for me, then they WIN, and will continue to WIN. The only way to deal with this problem and enery other problem we have with these kind maggots in the world is for the few of us that care, and there are only a few of us, to stand, UP, TALL and FIRM. We must use this range and get others we know to use it and if we find one of these scumbags doing someting they should not do, DAMNIT DO SOMETHING!!! Don't run home and call or e-mail a government official (I am one and I would not call me before I did something for my self) to complain about the problem.
    I said at first I am new here and I don't want to offend but I saw this and I could not let it go. This is long, sorry. Bottom line we must do for ourselves. Thats why we have and want to keep our guns. Right?

(Franklin County)

Hello all.
    I was wondering if anybody has any updates on this range.

I'm about 10-15 miles from this one, but since my dad's neighbors moved a bunch of horses in beside his house, I no longer feel comfortable shooting there (owner died a couple years ago, and his son is.....well....different). I need to find a decent range near this area.

I'm in Waynesboro and would like to join a club here, but if that's not plausible, I'll probably just check this place out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know it's kind of late, and someone mentioned not being able to get a permit for this range this late in the year.

Let me know if you guys/gals have any ideas for me....

Thanks in advance.

(Franklin County)

Waynesboro Fish Game
    Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
    Email:mandyrouzer-harnish@innernet.net
    Contact Phone #:717-762-7730
    alt contact: Ed Wagaman
    alt email: mandyrouzer@comcast.net
    alt phone: 717-816-0767
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

+1 for the Waynesboro Fish and Game.

They have a 200 yard range with a roof over the benches and also a range for shooting trap as well. I believe the initial cost is $45 for the first year and then $35/year thereafter. The only downside is the closest backstop is 25 yards, which can be annoying for pistol shooting unless you bring a separate target holder. I usually do most of my pistol shooting at 10 or 15 yards, so that's where the range in Michaux State Forest has an advantage.

(Franklin County)

Chambersburg Pistol and Rifle Club has dedicated pistol ranges, so you can shoot at practical distances, but these positions aren't covered or sheltered in any way. They also have a building with drop down panels that permit you to shoot rifles from a sheltered position in bad weather. The downside is, their longest rifle range is 160 yards.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Hmmmmm. Seeing as I am now in Chambersburg, it would probably benefit me to check out this so-called Chambersburg Pistol and Rifle club. Where is it located?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast