Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default America's Most Wanted mentions FL LTCF holders as good neighbors

Anyone else catch tonight's AMW?
    They did a story on a fugitive who was involved in a home invasion in 1997.
    The story is online here http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=64634
    In the TV version, they went into more detail about the neighbors...
    They said they took being neighborly to a whole new level. The story went on to mention that they, both the father & the son, were Licensed to carry handguns. (yes they said Licenses not permits)
    As they saw the home invaders fleeing the scene, they persued the three assailants and returned fire when fired upon by the criminals.
    No one was hit on either side during the shoot out.

Now let me just interject here that this is not something I personally would have done... It's not smart IMHO to go after three home invaders who are fleeing the neighbor's house. We in PA also have a duty to retreat under the current legislation, so even if one doing so thought they would be praised as a good samaritan they could end up in trouble with the law instead.
    Also, and especially since they were not hitting each other, one or more of those bullets fired in that shootout could have injured or killed an innocent bystander.
    I'd rather be a really good, alive, uninjured, law abiding witness.

BUT... The reason I post this is because I was very impressed that AMW relayed that part of the story in a manner which portrayed the neighbors as good samaritan licensed gun carriers and not as vigilanties.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: America's Most Wanted mentions FL LTCF holders as good neighbors

For anyone who wants to watch the episode mentioned, it will be available from Sunday (April 26, 2009) morning through (probably) Sunday (May 3, 2009) morning at http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=amw. The episode will be labeled as “Episode 2230,” and should play in pretty darn good quality. (Video will require the Move Media Player, which may only work for you in Internet Explorer. My Firefox doesn’t like the Move Media Player extension for some reason.)

(Luzerne County)

Surprising as John Walsh has been very anti-gun in the past.

Even advising people to NOT arm themselves. Sorry, no citations, jut a keen memory of incidents that were discussed on forums years ago.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Clarion County)

I watched this episode. Was it ok to jump in the car and take chase ?I'm all for it but what reprecussions would there have been if someone ,"the bad guy",got shot ? I've learned much here but this one is questionable !
    Was it ok to take chase,guns a blazen ?!
    I think they would have arrested me had I been that neighbor,it was like out of a movie the way it was portrayed.
    Last edited by dman; April 26th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.