Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default WASR-2 AK-74 (5.45x39)

---SOLD---

I bought this WASR-2 AK 74 about a month ago and unfortunately it had some problems. The gun didn't want to feed right and as I was diagnosing that problem realized that it had issues with the fire control group. It also had the stupid thumbhole stock on it.

I mention those things because I am an honest person and think that any questionable history should be known to anyone considering buying a used firearm.

With all that being said...it's all fixed up now! Unfortunately for me, I've got some other priorities in my life that require some funds.

I dumped the thumbhole stock and replaced with a pistol grip and laminate buttstock, I also installed a brand new Tapco g2 double hook fire control group today (this fixed the trigger reset problem--the original was the crappy century trigger).

The cause of the feeding problems was that there was too much magazine wobble--if the mag tilted it would take it out of alignment with the bolt carrier and skim over top of the cartridges. That was fixed by filling in the gaps in the magazine well with JB Weld(I know it ain't classy but it seems to be a favorite fix) and smoothing it out to make a nice tight channel to hold the magazine in place.

I will not sell a gun that I believe might have problems, so I took it out today and ran 400 rounds (non-corrosive) through it to make sure it was working properly with all the alterations. I didn't have a single failure of any kind.

wasr2.jpg

I am asking $600 for the simple reason that that is what I've got into the gun right now. I might consider other offers if they are serious and can be completed quickly with little or no travel on my part, but the price is relatively firm.

While I am mainly looking for cash, like many of us I have a serious problem when it comes to guns so I am open to trade offers as well. Basically I like evil stuff and better quality handguns.

5.45x39 ammo is still cheap and available ($275 for 2,160 rounds at rguns.net) compared to 7.62x39 or 5.56 that can't be beat.

Due to the modifications that have been made I have no problem if you would like to check out the gun before making any commitment to buy. Just let me know and we can make arrangements for that.

Please feel free to contact me directly via email at timshock.zero@gmail.com

Thanks for the interest!

---SOLD---
    Last edited by mak47; April 25th, 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: SOLD