Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: h-burg basspro

(Cumberland County)

Default h-burg basspro

i went to bass pro today to get a few things.i entered the store as usual looked for some ammo and some mag holders.looked at a few guns.then went to look at knifes.at this point i wen from a good day to pissed in about 3 seconds.i was told that in order to carry my side arm in the store that it must have a trigger lock on it.so i ask to see a manager.i spoke to the manager he said he thought it was store police but he was not posative.he told me their was a singe on the front of the stor that stated that and i ask him to show it to me well he coulent seem to find it.the only one they have is for guns to be serviced he said i know thats not why you have yours it becouse it is your 2a rite and that whole thing his exact words i sit you not. but he told me he would check on it he could not get an anser untill monday so i said thats fine but just so you know i will not be paying for this stuff i will buy it some where eles.he told me that if i coverd up i could still shop their to witch i said no thanks and was on my way.he is going to email me with a definent anser on tuesday.he did also say that if he was in the wrong that i would get a written apology from him and he would make my loss of time worth my while .so now we wait and see what happens.

Default Re: h-burg basspro

Hopefully, you get an apology, and a HUGE discount coupon!!!!!

(Cumberland County)

ya i hope so to.

I've never had a problem at the BPS in Harrisburg. Been there more than a few times, just to look around, their prices are too high to buy anything unless it's something I need and none of the indie local gun shops has one
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    I've never had a problem at the BPS in Harrisburg. Been there more than a few times, just to look around, their prices are too high to buy anything unless it's something I need and none of the indie local gun shops has one
    this is the first time i have had an issue as well and i buy a lot of shit their.bought 2 hand guns their last year along with holsters mag holders and ammo.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    i went to bass pro today to get a few things.i entered the store as usual looked for some ammo and some mag holders.looked at a few guns.then went to look at knifes.at this point i wen from a good day to pissed in about 3 seconds.i was told that in order to carry my side arm in the store that it must have a trigger lock on it.so i ask to see a manager.i spoke to the manager he said he thought it was store police but he was not posative.he told me their was a singe on the front of the stor that stated that and i ask him to show it to me well he coulent seem to find it.the only one they have is for guns to be serviced he said i know thats not why you have yours it becouse it is your 2a rite and that whole thing his exact words i sit you not. but he told me he would check on it he could not get an anser untill monday so i said thats fine but just so you know i will not be paying for this stuff i will buy it some where eles.he told me that if i coverd up i could still shop their to witch i said no thanks and was on my way.he is going to email me with a definent anser on tuesday.he did also say that if he was in the wrong that i would get a written apology from him and he would make my loss of time worth my while .so now we wait and see what happens.
    Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard of someone admitting they aren't sure, and stating that if they are wrong you will get an apology and some consideration for your trouble. That sort of makes it a positive negative encounter.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard of someone admitting they aren't sure, and stating that if they are wrong you will get an apology and some consideration for your trouble. That sort of makes it a positive negative encounter.
    Ok, that's like military intelligence. the oxy-moron thing!

(Franklin County)

When he replies, tell him you'll only come into his overpriced store again if you get a "BOGO" on any firearm, most expensive gun free ;-)

(Dauphin County)

As far as I was aware, Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg requires ALL FIREARMS, regardless of whether or not they're being serviced, to be checked in at their Customer Service Desk.

Being as they're a part of Harrisburg Mall, which does not allow firearms on their property, they would be running concurrent to Mall Policy on this issue.

Being as I don't care for their high prices, I usually just CC, get what I need, and get back out of there and return to my normal routine.

(Source of Information: I used to be a Public Safety Supervisor for Harrisburg Mall.)

Let us know how you make out. If you manage to get a clarification and apology that is in opposite to my understanding, I'll owe you a beer!

-38SnubFan

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    ya all in all it was not to bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast