Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Man fires at officer in York County, PA; remains on run for hours

A little confusing here. The officer found the gun during a pat-down, but the suspect was able to grab it first and shoot at the officer?? That's what it sounds like. HG

Man fires at officer in York Cty., remains on run for hours
    Saturday, April 25, 2009
    The Associated Press

Police in southcentral Pennsylvania say a man who first told a police officer he was lost and needed a ride ended up pulling a gun and firing at the officer.

Police say Hellam Township Officer Drew Heistand told the 18-year-old York man that he'd need to pat him down before giving him a ride.

Officer Heistand found a 9 mm handgun when he did so yesterday morning. Police Chief Blaine Quickel says the man fired three shots at Officer Heistand before running off.

All three shots missed.

A three-hour manhunt ensued. Chief Quickel says the man stripped down to his boxer shorts and removed his shoes in an attempt to avoid being detected and at one point tied a white shirt to a tree as a decoy.

Chief Quickel says the suspect was tired and scratched up when police caught up with him and didn't resist arrest

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Man fires at officer in York County, PA; remains on run for hours

lol.. go to bed... . Seriously. That is nuts. My mom lives down the road in Wrightsville.

(Lancaster County)

I hope they put that wack job away for a very long time!
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Lebanon County)

Any bets on this not being a lawfully owned firearm?

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Any bets on this not being a lawfully owned firearm?
    The scarry thing is,it's fifty fifty odds. He's young and may not have a paper trail yet and may be a legal gun owner. There are just too many crazies today.
    I'm really thinking that parenting has a lot to do with this new disrespectful
    generation. I'm not saying that we are bad people but we spend way to much time working and not with our families. We are not around enough to see what's going on sometimes. I myself am very guilty of this .
    I was very lucky and have great kids that I am very proud of .I didn't have a great deal of time with my kids but it was all quality time. Since I been married ,spent most of my time chaseing that damn dollar for a quality life for the family. I wish I had spent more time with them but how do you balance life when you need X- amount of dollars which takes X- amount of time to make.I wish I had the answers,I don't but we do what we can.
    Good luck with life,it can be complicated....