Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry

(Chester County)

Default Re: Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by 96D View Post
    any one up for a meet & greet or open carry around chester co.
    As much as I personally support OC in principle. What would you think if you were "johnny citizen" walking down west chester streets & saw 5-10 guys walking at you all with guns on their hips... LOLOLOL

Now.. maybe a bi-monthly meeting at an establised safety zone like a pool hall or restaurant would seem to me as being a touch more sensible.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by svltrack View Post
    As much as I personally support OC in principle. What would you think if you were "johnny citizen" walking down west chester streets & saw 5-10 guys walking at you all with guns on their hips... LOLOLOL
    I would think I had the good fortune of being at the center of the only safe spot in all of Philadelphia. Here's a question... what would you think?

Now.. maybe a bi-monthly meeting at an establised safety zone like a pool hall or restaurant would seem to me as being a touch more sensible.

"Established safety zone"? "More sensible"? You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

How do you suppose people who OC get to your precious "safety zones"?

How exactly does one go about "supporting OC in principle", without supporting it in practice?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I would think I had the good fortune of being at the center of the only safe spot in all of Philadelphia. Here's a question... what would you think?

"Established safety zone"? "More sensible"? You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

How do you suppose people who OC get to your precious "safety zones"?

How exactly does one go about "supporting OC in principle", without supporting it in practice?
    Seriously?

(York County)

Seriously?

"LOLOLOL"
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

As much as I personally support OC in principle.....
    yeah, see, when someone says that...they really don't.

(Chester County)

In a perfect world you can OC and not be harrassed. We do not live in a perfect world & we all know that.

I support OC 1000%. That does not mean I should go around putting myself in a situation which would cause issues, just to cause issues. Having 5-10 people walking down the street in a crowded area of chester county is begging for a problem and is one of these "avoidable" problems that IMO we should ALL stay away from. This is an open forum for discussion, I provided my take on what we deal with. I respect you both for standing up & stating your own opinion. To make the claim that I do not know what I am talking about is a little overzealous and boarders on rude.

I have my opinion, you both have yours. We can not agree on how to solve things, it does not mean we disagree with what is right/wrong.

(Mercer County)

I support OC 1000%. That does not mean I should go around putting myself in a situation which would cause issues, just to cause issues. Having 5-10 people walking down the street in a crowded area of chester county is begging for a problem and is one of these "avoidable" problems that IMO we should ALL stay away from. This is an open forum for discussion, I provided my take on what we deal with. I respect you both for standing up & stating your own opinion. To make the claim that I do not know what I am talking about is a little overzealous and boarders on rude.

I have my opinion, you both have yours. We can not agree on how to solve things, it does not mean we disagree with what is right/wrong.
    The only problem is that your opinion does not mesh with practice. Lots of us OC every day in all corners of the state without any problems. The only problems that occur are extremely rare.

Your opinion is just like saying "Why drive? There's a very slim chance you might get a ticket. So to avoid any problems, only drive in a safe zone."

You obviously don't "support OC 1000%." You can't say you fully support it then put conditions on it!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Chester County)

I would be up for some form of oc or cc get together. Let us establish a time, and place.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    The only problem is that your opinion does not mesh with practice. Lots of us OC every day in all corners of the state without any problems. The only problems that occur are extremely rare.

Your opinion is just like saying "Why drive? There's a very slim chance you might get a ticket. So to avoid any problems, only drive in a safe zone."

You obviously don't "support OC 1000%." You can't say you fully support it then put conditions on it!
    I did not say that people should not OC... If 5-10 loud bikes roll down a small town main street it draws attention, if there is an officer around then they most likely get hassled. I am simply saying we should not set ourselves up for issues when they can just as easily be avoided.

(Lackawanna County)

I did not say that people should not OC... If 5-10 loud bikes roll down a small town main street it draws attention, if there is an officer around then they most likely get hassled. I am simply saying we should not set ourselves up for issues when they can just as easily be avoided.
    open carrying shouldn't be an issue to be hassled for it. in fact, there are court decisions that have settled this.

FAIL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12