Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default The wussification of America

This is a very interesting two part video on what some schools are trying to teach.
    Are we raising "tenderized little veal medallions"?

Jump rope without a rope?
    Banning musical chairs?
    Shadow tag - WTF???

WTF is going on????
    What's next football without a ball?

I think I need an "air hug"

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The wussification of America

I heard about this on 1210 last night. They had the principal from the school on talking about the show on HBo that they did of the school. I went to George Washington Highschool in Philadelphia and could not imagine this school having a no touch policy. At my school every period there was a fight in the courtyard.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Nobody wins all the time. If we keep coddling our kids and teaching them that they cannot lose, they're going to be emotionally devastated the first time they get turned down for a job or a credit card or don't get into the college they want.

Taking competition out of kids' lives is preposterous and only confines them to a fantasy world out of which they must some day emerge.

(Lehigh County)

This is completely disgusting. I can not stand watching kids baseball games where there is no score, everyone bats, no strike outs etc...

One thing I have noticed while coaching is the kids (real ball players) do know the score and are more upset about this crap than I am. The only people comforted by the "everyone wins" mentality are the wussified parents.

So we are paying taxes and sending our children to school to learn that challenges are evil (other than academic). Physical competition where there is a clear winner is not fun.

I coached the youth wrestling program in my township for a few years and every year we lost wrestlers to the basketball program which runs with the "everybody wins" attitude. It makes me sick.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

it is scary what they are doing nowadays. as long as we teach outr own kids we should be ok i had my girlfriends 7 year old daughter out shooting the .22, we are taking them boating,hiking, and fishing this weekend. school is going to teach them a bunch of thing we wont like but we will tell them the truth :-) touching is not bad, accidents are ok, germs will only make you stronger.

when i heard that this one school now has a no touching policy because "touching leads to accidents" WTF so what if little matt or susie comes home with a little scuff its part of being a kid. No hi-fives? WTF it is scary. not in the mood to rant but we were just talking about this topic yesterday at work

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I heard about this on 1210 last night. They had the principal from the school on talking about the show on HBo that they did of the school. I went to George Washington Highschool in Philadelphia and could not imagine this school having a no touch policy. At my school every period there was a fight in the courtyard.
    Maybe they'll have "no touch" fighting - kind of like shadow boxing but with an opponent

BTW - I went to Northeast (I'm a couple of years older than you )

(Montgomery County)

Wait - I have an idea.
    Let's do away with grades. You know how bad some kids feel when they get a bad grade or test score. That will make all of them equal. From the ones who cut class and get high, to the nerds that study their whole life

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    This is completely disgusting. I can not stand watching kids baseball games where there is no score, everyone bats, no strike outs etc...

One thing I have noticed while coaching is the kids (real ball players) do know the score and are more upset about this crap than I am.The only people comforted by the "everyone wins" mentality are the wussified parents.

So we are paying taxes and sending our children to school to learn that challenges are evil (other than academic). Physical competition where there is a clear winner is not fun.

I coached the youth wrestling program in my township for a few years and every year we lost wrestlers to the basketball program which runs with the "everybody wins" attitude. It makes me sick.
    I concur 100% with that. When I coached Basketball I was called on the carpet by the league administrators because my team "played too hard" !!!! The kids hated the BS. I would run into kids at a store or out and about during the off season and they would beg me to draft them onto my team !!
    Then the league enacted the "mercy rules" aimed at my team. Mind you, we won year after year with different kids every year.
    Like you said, total wussified soccer mom BS !!!

(Montgomery County)

Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6pZQX22CQ
    (linked because of language, uses the F-bomb so fair warning.)

It's about Australia so they use some Aussie slang but the message also applies here.

Really though, at the rate this is going kids are going to be forced to wear bubble wrap suits in a few years for safety. Getting your ass pawned by some kid 2 times your size in dodgeball is just part of growing up! hahaha When you were a kid and got pegged you felt bad and it hurt, but when you finally decked that kid back, didn't you feel like you were freaking superman? It was like the coolest thing in the world!

(Jefferson County)

I've been saying America has been becoming a wussy-nation for years.

anti-bacterial soap
    no loser sports in school
    removing archery and shooting teams in school
    "my gun recoils too much" waaahhh
    helmets on peddle bike riders
    bandaids and ointment on every little scratch
    time outs instead of ass beatings
    etc
    etc

grrr.. this shit has to stop.. pisses me off enough to me wanna go slap the stepkids for just thinking of doing the crap they are gonna do today..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast