Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Update: I got a job! Does anyone know of any job opportunities in the business field?

I am graduating in about 3 weeks from Temple University with my BA and am currently looking for a job. My major is Risk Management but with the way my job search is going I would take anything in the business field...I am in SE PA so it would have to be around this area, I'm willing to take something in DE or NJ but would really prefer not to have to go to NJ

Any suggestions anyone has would be great. I am using career builder but I think I think I am going to stop because almost everything I find on there seems fishy in some way

I have also been looking directly at specific company websites so if anyone has any ideas for companies I can look that would be great too because I am sure there are companies I forgot.

If anyone knows of openings and would like my resume please PM me. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Christina
    Last edited by caa2003; June 17th, 2009 at 10:37 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Does anyone know of any job opportunities in the business field?

Good luck bud. You may want to try the gov't... think they are the only ones hiring.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Would you consider a sales position?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Would you consider a sales position?
    It really depends what type of sales, how sales have to be made, and what the pay/commission schedule is like for starting up.

(Bucks County)

I am a Sales Manager for State Farm and I have a good friend that got me into the business that has an agency in Villanova and had told me that he was looking for a guy. E-mail me your resume at dave.defazio.mqxk@statefarm.com and I will get it over to my buddy. This industry can be really great and is pretty recession proof.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I am a Sales Manager for State Farm and I have a good friend that got me into the business that has an agency in Villanova and had told me that he was looking for a guy. E-mail me your resume at dave.defazio.mqxk@statefarm.com and I will get it over to my buddy. This industry can be really great and is pretty recession proof.
    Silly me you meant insurance sales, can you tell I've been looking at horrible sales positions I am emailing you my resume right now, thanks so much!

Look At General Electric. They are always looking for the young and inexperience to abuse for a few years. GE is always a good place to be from.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    Look At General Electric. They are always looking for the young and inexperience to abuse for a few years. GE is always a good place to be from.
    are you serious?

their stock is next to nothing.

they're dwindling.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; April 24th, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Serious, yes there management traininng programs are fantastic. The MMP program will give a new hire. 4, 6 month jobs involved in all aspects of the company and in all it various divisions with good pay. The 6 month jobs can also include overseas positions. After the fourth job all available jobs, Company wide are available to the person, they have to find the job they want and interview for it. They are consider company employees so they have first crack at the jobs before they go outside. The programs include decent pay and benefits. if they don't find a job they want they still have 2 yrs experience with a world wide company.
    Their stock price sucks and I don't even want to talk about my 401 k.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    Serious, yes there management traininng programs are fantastic. The MMP program will give a new hire. 4, 6 month jobs involved in all aspects of the company and in all it various divisions with good pay. The 6 month jobs can also include overseas positions. After the fourth job all available jobs, Company wide are available to the person, they have to find the job they want and interview for it. They are consider company employees so they have first crack at the jobs before they go outside. The programs include decent pay and benefits. if they don't find a job they want they still have 2 yrs experience with a world wide company.
    Their stock price sucks and I don't even want to talk about my 401 k.
    Thank you! I will look into this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast