Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: McKees Rocks Open Carry

OK... Shhhhh!

Everybody be quiet! I've got a bucket of popcorn and a jumbo Coke and I want to hear what happens next!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    Likewise here, but still most are worried about open carrying. I'm about to go out and about in a few here to tell some more. When I'm carrying open I find it faster, I am able to carry an extra magazine in the holster I already have and there is no discomfort at all. Unlike IWB, which with my new Don Hume, really isnt too bad to start.
    You make the best case for owb carry. I hate iwb, its uncomfortable. I cc personally, but if someone sees my gun I could care less. I refuse to be uncomfortable just to be pc.

BTW: About a week ago I was traveling and coming home through Lock Haven.
    A girl ran off I80 and I stopped and waited for the SP to show. I was carrying my G22 in a owb cross draw. It wasn't OC but damn close. The Sp showed up spoke for a few moments. No problem. I mean he would have had to be blind not to see the barrel and butt sticking out of my t-shirt. I was crawling under her car when he showed and the piece was certainly open.

Well keep us posted. I am finding your updates interesting.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Ok, back from Giant Eagle in Robinson it seems to be A-OK. As soon as we got into the doors there was a manager he saw my pistol and just gave me a smile and a nod, i nodded to him and no problems at all. It was fairly busy for this time of night, no weird looks or anything, even with me picking up an issue of Guns & Ammo for the Insurgent Sniping article and the .50 BMG on the front So yes very good reaction from this Giant Eagle at night.

(Luzerne County)

Thumbs up Re: McKees Rocks Open Carry

Great !

What is a Giant Eagle? A grocery store?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Great !

yup, one of if not the biggest chain around the Pittsburgh area

(Delaware County)

shot in the dark:

Are there rocks where you live?

like, is it a tourist destination?

Because, if by chance you *are* looking to get noticed, you may do better there. Especially with the LEO bit.
    --Jordan K
    Nurse Aide, Havertonian, Student, Heavy Lifter

"Proper gun safety starts by being completely unwilling to do stupid sh.t for the lulz." --anonymous, 4chan.org

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Great !

Sort of reminds me of my first visit to Pittsburgh. I was looking for a couple of good steaks... Walked up to an old black lady and asked her where I could get some good meat.. She pointed across the street to the Kuhn's store there. being from Montreal, I naturally pronounced that C*nts and said no ma'am not that kind of meat!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Skuggi,

I'm curious... I assume you're carrying the Sigma, what type of holster are you using in your "experiment"?

I would guess that most sheep assume that someone with a gun on their hip is in law enforcement. Being that "plastic" guns are seen in many LEO holsters, I'd guess that a "black gun" would cause less alarm than a stainless 1911 with fancy wood grips.

I'm also guessing that the rest of the overall "appearance" package has a bearing on the reaction of the general public. Some people just "look the part" of someone in authority. Some look like "trouble", even when they are the nicest people you ever met.

This post really IS interesting. Keep us updated.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Skuggi,
    I'm also guessing that the rest of the overall "appearance" package has a bearing on the reaction of the general public. Some people just "look the part" of someone in authority. Some look like "trouble", even when they are the nicest people you ever met.
    I think you are definitely on to something with your comments about appearance making a difference in situations like this. On more than one occasion when I've spent my lunch hour at my club's indoor range with my black gun and dressed in my regular work clothes (button-down shirt and slacks, nothing too fancy) I've been asked by other folks there if I was an LEO. For the record, I certainly don't think I look the part, but I think if I chose to OC and had my choice of attire, I'd keep that in mind...

(Allegheny County)

Not sure about that, Last night i had a black plain T, OD Green cargo pants, my Gunmate OWB Holster with extra clip pocket. I wore my black DC* Had, which sure doesnt look like a police had as it says the DC Logo right on the front, and I had my black/gray sketchers on.

My sigma, only the polymer is black, my slide is matte grey.

Also my goal isnt to get hassled, it's more of a hope that I can walk past everyday people and LEO and NOT get hassled. Maybe for them to even feel safer. Or to even think "Hey maybe I should think about carrying, that guy does it.".

plus even with my comfortable don hume, it's still so much better not having a piece of metal rubbing my side all day.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast