Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: McKees Rocks Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I guess I don't understand the drama going on here. If the OP didn't want replies to this thread then I guess he should have requested an immediate mod lock so that it could just have been a public statement.

I also did not say, "they'll target you first!" One would need to actually read my post, though, to see that.

My apologies if I hurt feelings with my very mild and non-confrontational post.

I personally don't carry out of idealism, I carry to defend my life.
    Well I cant have it locked, because I will be updating as I venture out in this general area, McKees Rocks, Stowe Twp, Kennedy, and Robinson. All are in postal code 15136 McKees Rocks. I just don't want this to end up as another thread where everyone is yelling at each other over concealed vs. open carry. I also like it open for the ability of others to post ideas, information about a place in my area I have yet to get to, and general support etc. As well as with my posting letting people know where you will or will not be hassled. It's just keeping the post on topic. An example is how this thread has ended up http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...f-told-me.html

(Westmoreland County)

When I open carry it's a matter of convenience. I'm not trying to make a point or a political statement. It's not prohibited so when I need to I do. It's a "needs" based decision.

As to the tactical advantages or disadvantages there are probably just as many scenario's where either mode of carry would be superior to the other.

Is open carry tactically unsound? Is it? In every possible open carry scenario imaginable the element of surprise is always lost? Is it?

Realistically, if we're in condition yellow as we should be, as the situation unfolds the matter of concealed or open carry will probably have little bearing on the outcome. Especially in regard to the Presentation. Being in the proper state of mind is the key.

(Allegheny County)

Likewise here, but still most are worried about open carrying. I'm about to go out and about in a few here to tell some more. When I'm carrying open I find it faster, I am able to carry an extra magazine in the holster I already have and there is no discomfort at all. Unlike IWB, which with my new Don Hume, really isnt too bad to start.

(Allegheny County)

I can see that there are very stong opinions on this issue bordering on religious fervor. I have seen similar threads on sighted fire vs. point shooting that have gotten very ugly for no logical reason.

I will bow out of this thread gracefully saying that I never said OC was wrong nor tactically unsound all of the time, I simply think it is not a better option to CCW most of the time.

Have a good night, gents.
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

(Allegheny County)

Ok, had to go up to target in Robinson and get a few t-shirts, I figured this could be bad, knowing how target is. Well inside the store it was fine, and as I was walking out I noticed a N. Fayette Police SUV, sitting in the lane right in front looking at the door.

There was an LEO in the vehicle, I couldnt tell if he was watching me or not, but he didnt leave till after I got in my vehicle and left. I am wondering if they called it in, but the LEO knew the law and just decided to be on standby in case I was a nut job. I know he could easily see I was carrying while moving to the vehicle but not a word said, So Everything went fine.

I also carried openly into Amerisuite hotel in Robinson, as I went to spend time with my G/F on her lunch break before I went to target. Everything was fine then they noticed as I went to the lobby and the one girl was like "Wow he has a gun." I put on a smile, my G/F thought to say I have a carry permit, and I was like "Yea I live in McKees Rocks to which they were like "Oh" followed with some laughter.

When I pick up my G/F from work tonight I'll be carrying in Giant Eagle here in robinson because she needs some stuff, and I will let you all know how that one goes. I may head over to the Wal-Mart as well to see how that goes.

(Allegheny County)

I can see that there are very stong opinions on this issue bordering on religious fervor. I have seen similar threads on sighted fire vs. point shooting that have gotten very ugly for no logical reason.

I will bow out of this thread gracefully saying that I never said OC was wrong nor tactically unsound all of the time, I simply think it is not a better option to CCW most of the time.

Don't take anything personal man, there is just much heated debate on this forum on the subject, I didnt mean to "yell" at anybody that has posted, just I want to keep the thread on topic is all. I have always believed that EVERYBODY is entitled to their opinion on ANY matter. Just like I said didnt want this train derailed is all.

(Luzerne County)

I think your making more out of it than there is.
    You posted your opinion, other posted theirs. Looks like healthy debate to me. No one was rude or fanatical about it.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post

When I pick up my G/F from work tonight I'll be carrying in Giant Eagle here in robinson because she needs some stuff, and I will let you all know how that one goes. I may head over to the Wal-Mart as well to see how that goes.
    I'll be trying the mega-marts soon. As of yet I have not been in the wal-mart/target/electronics chains, etc as I don't go in there much anyway and when I do it is usually while I am out and about for my day job at which I can not carry open anyway (co. vehicle)
    So far it is the usual errands. gas/grocery/hardware store etc.
    Went to a couple restaurants.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    ... and as I was walking out I noticed a N. Fayette Police SUV, sitting in the lane right in front looking at the door.

There was an LEO in the vehicle, I couldnt tell if he was watching me or not, but he didnt leave till after I got in my vehicle and left. I am wondering if they called it in, but the LEO knew the law and just decided to be on standby in case I was a nut job. I know he could easily see I was carrying while moving to the vehicle but not a word said, So Everything went fine.
    Makes you wonder I'm sure. I see police sitting in front of strip mall stores unusually often though so I would say the probability of them being called and not confronting you in not real high.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Makes you wonder I'm sure. I see police sitting in front of strip mall stores unusually often though so I would say the probability of them being called and not confronting you in not real high.
    well I'm in robinson almost every day running errands, the police usually do drive by the stores on a normal routine, but I have never seen one sit there like that, and he left his spot after I and a few other cars pulled out past him. Just makes me wonder either way no confrontations or hassles so YAY! lol.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast