Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey Jay, how you been? I wouldn't miss Tioga. Also, I'm in for a line spot at Thunder in the Hills. You can buy in as an extra shooter for $10. Are ya gonna be at the match Sunday?

John C

(Bucks County)

Well, finally stopped in last Sat with my gf and our 7 week old little girl. They seem to have a nice selection of everything - new and used. Prices seemed about average but since we did not buy anything we never learned their real "out the door" price. Staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. They had a few nice M1's but they were selling for about $800. Not bad unless you know about CMP.

Anybody know their history? Seemed like a family run operation.

We will be back for sure.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: American Arms and Ammo, Rt 309, Colmar PA

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had a great experience at American Arms this past week. Was sold a MAS 49/56 in excellent condition with 3 mags and some ammo for $350 before taxes, marked down from $399. The guys there were friendly as hell and very helpful. I'd recommend this place to anybody and will be going there again.

(Bucks County)

Purchased at least a half dozen guns at Edelmans, that was "THE" place to buy firearms back in the day.
    Also had a pleasant experience at American Arms. Just did a private transfer there because they were by far the cheapest $25. Nice guys for sure.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Purchased at least a half dozen guns at Edelmans, that was "THE" place to buy firearms back in the day.
    Also had a pleasant experience at American Arms. Just did a private transfer there because they were by far the cheapest $25. Nice guys for sure.
    Are they still doing $25 transfers?

As of early Dec. '08 they had a $35 Transfers sign up - Maybe for internet stuff?

(Montgomery County)

Has anyone had experience with the gunsmith American Arms forwards their work to? How long did it usually take you guys to get your stuff back?

(Bucks County)

i got a great deal from american arms on a SIG556 rifle for 1275 OTD when everyone else was asking 1450+ and claytons on 611 was asking a ridicules 2300. they are good folks running the place and like others have said have a good selection and fair prices.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft
    i got a great deal from american arms on a SIG556 rifle for 1275 OTD when everyone else was asking 1450+ and claytons on 611 was asking a ridicules 2300. they are good folks running the place and like others have said have a good selection and fair prices.
    Clayton's...LMAO...only way to descibe them is "UGH..."

American Arms is a nice shop, but I tend to deal with Quinby's or Seneca Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Are they still doing $25 transfers?

As of early Dec. '08 they had a $35 Transfers sign up - Maybe for internet stuff?
    I stopped by there yesterday, and confirmed that the "$35 transfers" applies only to guns bought somewhere else (like Gunbroker or classified ads), and transferred using the shop. This is NOT a "PICS fee" or whatever some other shops are calling their hidden charges on guns bought from the display cases. This is just the fee for using their shop, doing the paperwork, calling PICS, running it through the books, etc, when you aren't buying out of their inventory.

I've known Fred for maybe 20 years. Good shop, good people.

(Montgomery County)

Nothing but good experiences there. I've gotten a few accessories there, a little ammo, but have stopped by and walked out without buying anything (just because I wanted to look) more times than I can count. Pat's a great guy, and a few weeks back I brought in my new LWRC M6A2 to see if he could bore sight it for me (went to another place I had been passing by earlier that said they couldn't do it with with my gun). It was really busy there, but he took the time to boresight it, and refused to charge me for it. Great experience! I also took a chance on their AR raffle, and hopefully I'll spot a full size 1911 there so I can give them more business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast