Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Delaware County PA courthouse 913 violation and reply from sherriff

I have attached my reply from the Court Administrator and the Sheriff of Delaware County. I have also wrote the Chief of the Park police as instructed by the Court administrator. I encourage all Delaware County residents to voice their grievances to correct this matter. I will advise of any updates. Is there anyone in Delaware County willing to help me with this matter? Rep points if you help me :-)

gbrown221
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gbrown221; April 21st, 2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: remove fas identyfying information

Default Re: Delaware County PA courthouse 913 violation and reply from sherriff

read the responses from the two different county agencies...talk about bureaucrats, jesus...makes me sick to read those letters...pawn it off onto someone else's department....hot potato, hot potato, hot potato...

FYI:

Delaware County Courthouse and Park Police

The Delaware County Courthouse & Park Police Department is responsible for providing protection for all county owned and or leased property and equipment. In addition, they are charged with providing physical protection to ensure a safe environment, not only for county employees but for all persons utilizing county services and facilities. The department also has the responsibility of photographing and issuing identification cards to all county employees. The department maintains foot and vehicle patrols twenty four hours a day, seven days a week , throughout the year. The Delaware County Park Police have officers assigned at the following locations:

* Courthouse & Government Center Complex
    * Fair Acres Complex
    * Chester Regional Court
    * Chester Division of Adult/Juvenile Probation
    * Chester Division of Children & Youth Services
    * Human Services Department in Upper Darby
    * Upper Darby Division of Adult/Juvenile Probation
    * Darby Twp. Division of Adult/Juvenile Probation
    * All County owned parks

Under the direction of Chief Samuel Ziviello, there are fifty eight officers in the department and they are chosen on a strong military and or police background. The officers continue their training through in service training, as well as courses offered by the District Attorney's Office and the Police Academy at Delaware County Community College.

All officers are required to qualify annually with their firearms in accordance with the course approved by the Delaware County Police Chief's Association. In addition, the Delaware County Park Police has four certified firearms instructors and all officers have been certified in basic first aid, C.P.R. and the use of A.E.D's.

Within the department exists an investigation division which is responsible for investigating criminal activities that occur on county property as well as investigate motor vehicle accidents and property damage when requested by the department of Risk Management. In addition, the force provides police services for the Department of Special Events and handles approximately 120,000 vehicles with over 350,000 visitors who visit our county parks yearly

(Philadelphia County)

Hired:

I sent off a letter to the Chief of the Park Police this afternoon

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Hired:

I sent off a letter to the Chief of the Park Police this afternoon
    I don't understand the issue. You sent a letter and were referred to someone else. You wrote a letter to that person who said while that he doesn't handle it, he knows who does, and will bring it to their attention and get you a response at their next meeting (he even included the date time). What more are you looking for? It sounds as if he is aware there is a problem with the courthouse not having lockers and he is trying to help you.

What exactly are you looking for help with on this?

Jay

(Philadelphia County)

if one person expresses their concerns it is easy to ignore me. if more then one person writes in the chances of action are much better, especially in regards ot Philly City Hall. See that thread.