Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Pocket Holster For PPK/S

I did my Google Fu (which sucks, btw) and found this:

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Walthe...t_holster.html

It looks a lot like the Kramer I have for a S&W 639 that works quite well. So I took a gamble and ordered it.

If there is any interest, I'll let you know if I like it.

I plan on making an unusual modification to my PPK/S. I'm going to be installing a PP barrel on it which is 0.6" / 15mm longer. It's for the obvious purpose. The question is, will it render the holster useless? Some have a hole in the bottom, others don't. I'll let you know how that works out too.

I've also ordered two magazines (blued, not SS like my PPK/S) without the stupid pinky extension. The pinky extension may be nice on a target range, but the grip panels are already making the pistol larger than it needs to be.

No, I'm not going to buy a P11 or P3AT.
    Last edited by Fudmottin; April 20th, 2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pocket Holster For PPK/S

his holsters are great, i have one I've been carrying a p3at in for 7 or 8 years and it's still going strong. can't recommend his stuff too highly.

as for the KT VS Walther thing........you have a bigger, heavier, less efficient design pistol that you really like.......you do know that the only part of that statement that really matters is the "that you really like" part, right?

i like my kt's but i also have a savage .380 1917 that i love and sometimes carry, so i can't twit you for carrying an older design.

do your thang man!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Pocket Holster For PPK/S

I can't argue that the Kel-Tecs are lighter and smaller. I think the P11 is about the same size but with larger capacity and 9x19mm instead of 9x17mm.

I imagine by now it is no longer necessary to "fluff and buff" a KT to make it reliable. To be fair, any auto loading pistol should get 200+ rounds through it before being trusted for carry.

Anyway, 23 oz isn't so bad. My so called regular carry is heavier than that and I've been abandoning it in favor of the much lighter S&W 639 with only 5 rounds. The PPK/S fits into a smaller box than the 639 even though it is a bit heavier.