Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Unable to wrap my head around some of these figures...

So, this year the deficit will be 2 trillion, that's 2,000,000,000,000, or two million dollars TIMES A MILLION.

WTF? this is why i HATE taxes.

I don't pay witholdings out of what I make for two reasons. One is that I don't believe in giving the gov't an interest free loan every month. The other is that I like to feel how bad it hurts writing that check every April. I think it is important to stay aware of what is being taken from you, and to contemplate where it goes.

I am amazed at how gleeful everybody is about how much they got back from the government each year. Unreal. I'm convinced one of the reasons to start the witholding scam was to make taxes less visible.

Anyway, I paid Big Brother Sam a little over 7 grand this year.

How, in a million years, can they really justify taking my 7 grand?
    7,000 vs. 2,000,000,000,000

The enormity of this stuff is mind boggling. All the taxes I pay my whole life won't pay for three miles of sound barrier on a highway, a Coast Guard boat, or one thousandth of the bombs we explode every year.

It takes more than one of me to pay for each non-violent drug offender in prison. It takes more than one taxpayer like me to pay for DHS to call me a right-wing extremist because I'm an Iraq vet, former Marine and a gun owner. It takes more than one of me, working all year and paying taxes to pay for one state employee trying to keep track of all the released violent felons in my neighborhood.

We worry and worry about the little things, like the $100 million AIG bonuses and other drivel that we are told to be angry about while our lives and our work and our energy as sovereign human beings is sucked out of us by an increasingly intrusive and oppressive cancerous federal government.

My question is where does the money come from for all of this shit? Income taxes are what, roughly a third of revenues for the federal gov't? I could deal with a 1/3 cut in services and a 30% raise. I'm sure the economy would go into rapturous throes of multi-orgasmic bliss with all of that actual stimulation provided be 200 million people with 30% more to spend. Little fiddling won't fix the country, band aids on band aids on band aids won't fix the diseases affecting our government. Cure the diseases, the symptoms will go away (novel concept.)

It's sick that we are held to ever-shifting laws (tax code) that no normal human can understand, let alone be held responsible for and considered guilty WITH the burden of proof resting on themselves and not their accusers.

When they talk about billions here, billions there, trillions and trillions I'm not sure people really understand what those numbers mean. anything more than a million is just 'a whole lot of money' to people who actually work for a living. I'm wondering what my children's tax burden will be like, or my grandchildren. A door to door vacuum salesman used to be able to support a family of four with one stay at home parent. now we need 2.5 'wage earners' per household. Think about how much better things are now... yeah.

The standard of living in our country is declining! Things are getting worse for people. It's too expensive to learn, it's too expensive to be healthy. Everything has gotten out of hand.

I don't want to be running on a treadmill my whole life, trying to stay one step ahead of the people who are robbing me. It makes me physically sick. One of the only things I can do is tell as many people about this stuff as I can, riding the familiar edge between trying to inform about how bad things actually are and sounding like a crazy paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Every day I have to separate how stupid the entire world is from my own little happy sphere. I have a great family, an awesome girlfriend who brings so much joy to my life, a cool dog, and fulfilling ways to constructively spend my time. I've figured out a lot of the meaning of life stuff - be good to people, surround yourself with good friends and family, do what makes you happy, don't worry too much about money, etc. I am very lucky to have such a good life. The only cloud over my otherwise ideal life is knowing what those bastards are up to. I can understand why people shut out political realities - the burden of knowing what is going on is not light.

In closing, this was just another basic the government is crappy rant. No real point.
    And remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you, especially when they tell you about all the new ways you're getting screwed on the news every day. I should've taken the blue pill :P

Default Re: Unable to wrap my head around some of these figures...

Well here is what you should do….

Step 1: Get Tin Foil and Duct tape…

Step 2: Make a hat out of tin foil….

Step 3: Tape yourself and a month’s supply of cream chipped beef in a room.

Step 4: wait….

Step 5: Wait some more

Step 6: After a while come out for air and check if the shit is still getting deeper…

If so Repeat Steps 3,4,5,6…. Good Luck!
    ΑΣΦ