Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Reloaded Inventory List

Hello All,

Anyone keep a list of rounds you have loaded up and stored in your "ammo boxes"? Not a reloading log, but a list of boxed rounds.
    I was thinking of making an Excel spreadsheet with the index # of each box I have in inventoy. As I use them I would cross them off my list. This way I can keep track of what I have, what I need & possibly how much I shoot.
    Any thoughts or examples?
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
    -- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Reloaded Inventory List

I keep such a list. I have been debating getting software, such as one by Sierra, to keep track of everything I do.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Armstrong County)

I not only keep a list of my handloads, but I also keep a list of factory ammo. I use it to show where Im short, and where I have plenty and need to go blast a few rounds off. My excel list alone has decided what I take to the range a few times. Ive thought of playing with microsoft access and creating a data base to better list them.

You think you guys can provide a sample of your lists?
    There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
    -- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I keep such a list. I have been debating getting software, such as one by Sierra, to keep track of everything I do.
    I believe someone here said they were developing such software but damn if I remember who it was.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

I have a mark on the safe wall. When it get under the mark, it's time to load more. Just remember to rotate your ammo.

my lists are duct taped to the front of whatever cabinet or container they are in, not the best system but it beats running to my computer every time i pick up some primers, or hit the range and it hasnt failed me yet.

Plus I got to use duct tape.

(Armstrong County)

I also write one each box of ammo when i buy it. primers and powder too. I write with a sharpe the date, the price, and location of purchase. As to a copy of a list, Its pretty basic. I list caliber, then i have spaces i hand write them in. I write Date, Brand, QTY. and then I have empty cells which i write in. I also have a NVG box, (like a large ammo can, 12x12x6 i think) that I put my current use ammo in. Then when i go somewhere i check that first, if there are no rounds in my caliber of choice, then i open up the oldest box listed. If I have any left overs at the end of the day, then I put them into the NVG box. After I open a new box of ammo, i cross it off my list, and it never goes back on. I also box my reloads into little 4x4 boxes. Its usually 250 rounds per box (pistol). Then i keep track of my reloads the same way. I use reloads before i use factory. I just kindof stock pyle it. I buy at least 100 rounds for something every pay. But havent shot any factory in close to a year.