Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK 47 Norinco

(Montgomery County)

Default AK 47 Norinco

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I moved down to PA about 7 years ago from new hampshire. Boy what a difference. Not many places to hunt or shoot around my area. Not like back home. Anyway I am looking for an AK47 norinco. My father had one pre ban but had to sell it when my parents got divorced. I am looking for one for myself. ANyone have a suggestion in the bucks and montgomery county area where I might be able to look or know a good gun shop that might be able to find me one? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Smokeyzep.

First off...welcome to the forum.

2) how much do you want to spend...no more Norinco AK's being imported because of the ban...money talks...blah blah blah...are you looking for a Polytech Legend AK? because they are pricey...$1,000+

(Montgomery County)

Default Thanks for the speedy response.

I guess money is not an issue but I did want to stay with a better make and brand of the AK. I know they have the romanian and bulgarian ak's but they just are not the same. If I can find something for 1000 or 1200 It might work depending if it comes with any accesories or not. DO you have any suggestions where I could look?

So why a chinese AK...the Aresenal AK's are suppose to be good...or buy a Saiga and do the AK conversion...the Saigas are made in the AK plant...or a VEPR. If you live in Bucks/Montgomery...ask John at Seneca Arms...he's my go to guy...he has a lot of C&R rifles...if I was you...I would buy it online...saves on having to pay sales tax...especially if you are going to dump $1,000+ that's a lot in sales tax alone...if you want one...I'll try to track one down for you....wer are in the chat room, if you want to join us now.

(Montgomery County)

Default Thanks

I see you go to Tanner's? You live in that area? I got my 12 gauge turkey gun there last year. mossberg 835 ultimag. Thing was like brand new. It was there a day and I bought it for 129 beans. I am off for the night but I will join you tommorow night in the chat if that is ok? I will get back with you guys tomorrow. See ya.

Smokeyzep.

The Mak90 is a Norinco...I saw one as cheap as $250 in a gun shop, but I doubt they knew what it was...more time than not you will find a Mak90 for $350+

Default Re: AK 47 Norinco

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyzep View Post
    Hi All,

...Anyway I am looking for an AK47 norinco. ... ANyone have a suggestion i...where I might be able to ... find me one?...

Smokeyzep.
    Smokeyzep

We might be able to give you a few pointers, but we need more details. Are you looking for a Norinco brand (only), or a similar AK? Pre-ban, post-ban, fixed stock, folding stock? It sounds like you're looking for an exact replacement for one lost earlier, in which case you'll need more details.

If I were in your shoes, I'd look for a local gunshop that accepted shipments from online tranactions. Then, I'd hunt one down on the gun auction sites. That way, I'd at least have a visual before plopping the money down.

I have two early Norincos (7.62mm underfolder, .223 fixed) and the previous poster is correct, they are pricey. The only place you'll find an original Norinco now is on the secondary market. Expect to pay a premium, especially if it's still unfired.

You can get the functional equivalent for a lot less money. The current batch of Yugo M70's look promising, as well as much more asthetically "compliant" with our image of AKs than the current batch of WASR-10 AKs.

If I were replacing all my AKs right now, I'd be shopping at Arsenal and maybe AIM for a Yugo M70

I keep hearing the quality of the recent Romanian AKs really went down as far as fit, but are mostly functional. Rumor has it they are regurgitated single-stack WASRs dremeled out to take the high-cap magazines. They also lack the AKM receiver dimples to align the magazine. The early Romanians were good, I have an SAR-1 (7.62mm) & SAR-2 (5.45mm). At the time some folks complained about them in comparison to pre-bans, but the SARs are now held in high regard. (details)

So, opinions change over time about quality.

More AK information:
    AK collectors forum
    AK-47.net

(Bucks County)

If you are willing to spend $ 1K+ then the answer is easy. Find a Hungarian AK with a FEG receiver. IMHO the best of the best and most accurate. Very nice Blond wood if you can find a good one. If not, its worth the effort to refinish. Oh yeah, I have two!

Check out the Gun Picture section, I think I have one up of it.

Buy Chinese for the low price, not the high quality.

PS, WELCOME
    Last edited by phillyd2; December 4th, 2006 at 03:07 PM.

(Bucks County)

And keep in mind while Norinco shopping:

NORINCO HAS THE BEST PRICES!!!! HOW DO WE DO IT????

SLAVE LABOR!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right friends...that low priced, hot -shootin baby in your hands was made by some poor soul locked deep in the bowels of a Chinese prison! beaten...starved...tortured...denied human rights...Why wouldn't he work cheap??? (Gee...we need more people brought in here to make our reality the same!)

So remember folks...Norinco not only makes guns with slave labor...we do it all! baby fuirniture...Tv's appliances...just check out your local Waly World for the complete line!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakTrue View Post
    And keep in mind while Norinco shopping:

NORINCO HAS THE BEST PRICES!!!! HOW DO WE DO IT????

SLAVE LABOR!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right friends...that low priced, hot -shootin baby in your hands was made by some poor soul locked deep in the bowels of a Chinese prison! beaten...starved...tortured...denied human rights...Why wouldn't he work cheap??? (Gee...we need more people brought in here to make our reality the same!)

So remember folks...Norinco not only makes guns with slave labor...we do it all! baby fuirniture...Tv's appliances...just check out your local Waly World for the complete line!!!!

And you know this from first hand experience? People like you crack me up with your comments. Get a clue. If you don't like Chinese products and want to boycott them...that is your choice. Just don't as as if you are the resident expert on Chinese history and culture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast