Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default thoughts on xcaliber stock...

ran into this web site via google.
    im looking into buying a remington 700 pros/cons..
    anyone ever deal with this stock before?
    Mesa Tactical XCaliber Stock System
    looks pretty bad ass

Default Re: thoughts on xcaliber stock...

Quote Originally Posted by gunowner1982 View Post
    ran into this web site via google.
    im looking into buying a remington 700 pros/cons..
    anyone ever deal with this stock before?
    Mesa Tactical XCaliber Stock System
    looks pretty bad ass

Here's the anti up one NIB...Major Bad ASS I must say that is by far probably the Best Looking Regular out of the box & in it's price range. DAM
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-model-10-bas/
    Last edited by Ronnies111; April 20th, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Delaware County)

I guess bolt guns have a right to be tacticool too.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

I'd like a few more specs about the system, besides how it looks, and a price. I'll be able to tell you a bit more about what to expect from it with a bit more information. So far I'm not all that impressed and have a feeling that it's more of a "tacti-cool" factor.

(Centre County)

Opinion...

Looks a little too unweildy for me. I don't quite understand the purpose of a collapsable ar-15 stock, other than to save a few bucks.

If they were going for form over function, they nailed it.

(Montgomery County)

yeah im a sucker for "tacticool"...
    anyone know what they are running for?

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Opinion...

Looks a little too unweildy for me. I don't quite understand the purpose of a collapsable ar-15 stock, other than to save a few bucks.

If they were going for form over function, they nailed it.
    I agree arrrrgh15. This stock looks more like a gimmick and tacti-cool than it does anything. I don't have any idea why they'd have the rails and stuff that they do, where they do for a precision rifle. Almost none of the people purchasing this stock would be using Nightvision, much less and IR illuminator. I don't see the reason for throwing a flashlight on the thing, it's not a SBR for close quarters. I still have yet to hear if it has pillars, a bedding, block or anything else. They're probably ripping peopel at badger prices for their magazines for the magazine system, and they can't feed any better. I think the reason that they're using a collpasable AR-15 stock is so that they can kind of "cheat". With this they can claim that they have adjustable length of pull, and they have adjustable comb height as well, lol, all for the cheap price of an M4 stock that is modified. I'm curious to see a price for this thing. I'm betting you could probably get a respectable stock that is rock solid but doesn't look as "tacti-cool" for the same price.

(Centre County)

Tomcat, the rails are for your tactical green laser for "sniping" paper targets at 100 yards. Everybody knows that.

If the stock rattles around like most commercial AR15 stocks, it has no business being on a precision rifle. Ditch the stock for something else, ditch the pistol grip with the hand rest for something else. If the mag system is reliable and the stock can be bedded properly, you might actually have something there....if it's priced right. I just think they cut corners to make it affordable and still have the DBM. Just my opinion.

I'd probably snag it on my gear, get pissed off, and use the stock for target practice or use it to pound wooden stakes in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Tomcat, the rails are for your tactical green laser for "sniping" paper targets at 100 yards. Everybody knows that.

If the stock rattles around like most commercial AR15 stocks, it has no business being on a precision rifle. Ditch the stock for something else, ditch the pistol grip with the hand rest for something else. If the mag system is reliable and the stock can be bedded properly, you might actually have something there....if it's priced right. I just think they cut corners to make it affordable and still have the DBM. Just my opinion.

I'd probably snag it on my gear, get pissed off, and use the stock for target practice or use it to pound wooden stakes in the ground.
    I would think since there's no spring & buffer system in the buttstock that should not be a problem. Just a thought!
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    I would think since there's no spring & buffer system in the buttstock that should not be a problem. Just a thought!
    I believe that he means the stocks and adjustments aren't quite "precision grade". Meaning that they shift and settle a little bit depending on how you're holding the rifle, how firm to your shoulder, angle, etc. Shifts in millimeters can equal inches when you're talking about precision shooting, especially at longer ranges. Just variations in ammunition and parallax error can cause pretty big shift, when you start throwing in shifts in the stock, it's not a good thing. I could be wrong, we'll see what his response is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast