Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: OC and CC in Allentown today

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Oh thats a good one! Right up there with the fake calls to Santa Claus to report on the kid being naughty LOL.
    True, but most kids know Santa Claus is a fictional character (my boys, ages 7 and 3, don't even believe in him). The .45-caliber sidearm strapped to my right hip, though, sure as Hell isn't fictional! :eek: :D

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    True, but most kids know Santa Claus is a fictional character (my boys, ages 7 and 3, don't even believe in him). The .45-caliber sidearm strapped to my right hip, though, sure as Hell isn't fictional!
    When I was about 27 years old, my mother asked me if I still believed in Santa Claus.

"I sure do!", I replied.

"Why", she asked?

"He keeps bringing me presents at Christmas time."

When we were little kids, we got lots of stuff from Santa. As we got older, it was reduced to one thing which was pretty much a token - a family tradition, as it were. But that was the last time I ever saw a present from Santa.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Greetings all

I see a bunch of new OC threads, so I thought I would add my own experiences this afternoon. Church this morning was CC, but as soon as church was over, I left with a friend of mine who needed a truck full of mulch. After getting the mulch, we met his wife at Nick's Diner, on Tilghman between 17th and 18th I think. I went CC for that, as my friend's wife, while very comfortable with guns, and with me carrying one, is a little nervous about attention in public. So in deference to her, I covered up.

Once we left the restaurant, the cover shirt came back off, and I was OC for the removal of the mulch from my truck. I was just about a block from William Allen HS (on private property of course!) and up in the truck for all to see, shoveling while my buddy drove the wheelbarrow. No comments, although to be fair, there weren't that many people around.

After all that work, I figured I had broken even on the calorie count for a milkshake at Ice Cream World on the way home. I went walking in the door and the place was crammed! Little kids, old ladies, hippie looking types, you name it, they were there. There was a guy with a shirt on advertising some taxidermist up in Hazelton, and me, with my SIG Sauer P220 dangling off my hip. It took close to 15 minutes to get to the head of the line. I exchanged a few pleasantries with the woman who had been standing behind me in the one line, and then in front of me in the faster line, and I got a few looks from some little kids, but no complaints, no screams, and no Allentown cops.

I've been in Ice Cream World more times than I can remember OC, and nothing, but this is the start of a new season, so who knows what the summer will bring. But all the Allentown cops must have been looking out for TrueCrimson, GeneralGeoff, or one of you other guys, because no one bothered me.
    A gentleman as always. A good day all around in my view ++

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12