Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Army Navy Whitehall!!!

In Whitehall, PA just north of Route 22 and Route 145 intersection is fully stocked as of now with 9mm and 45acp!! Thousands of rounds of WW in both 100 and 50 pack. About $17.00 per 50 rounds of the 9mm. Also have plenty of American Eagle 9mm and 45acp. The gun counter fellow was not phased at all about any ammo shortage. Says they are constantly well stocked!! Just bought 300 rounds of WW 9mm and feel like the price was fair at $34.00 for the value pack with all things considered.
    Last edited by pa350z; April 18th, 2009 at 09:40 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Army Navy Whitehall!!!

I would not buy anything from Army & Navy if they were the LAST place on earth...I'd throw rocks first.
    My opinion is based on multiple bad experiences, rudeness, ignorance and bad faith.
    Your mileage may vary.

Bill ... I do agree with you. I would never buy anything of major value, i.e. a firearm. The gun counter guys are arrogant and cocky and could careless about working with and engaging the customer. They are short and downright rude if you question them. Not sure why they are like that or why managment tolerates their behaivor. Perhaps it is simply the culture of the store. However....... my 5906tsw works best with WW 115g FMJ. I like the 100 round value packs. Online, backordered for months and cost the same as Army Navy plus S&H. So, I just bit the so called bullet and picked up two boxes. This has completed my ammo scavaging for the foreseeable future. I consider myself well stocked. While I don't necessarily care for Army Navy too... the opportunity presented itself. WM/Dicks/Sports Authority would have the value packs, I would and have gone there first.

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Army Navy Whitehall!!!

pa350z- time to start reloading! Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as criticizing in any way....I just get annoyed every time I think of the potential of that location and how they've managed to **** off everyone I know in five counties.... glad you're in ammo and shooting!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Old Bill View Post
    I would not buy anything from Army & Navy if they were the LAST place on earth...I'd throw rocks first.
    My opinion is based on multiple bad experiences, rudeness, ignorance and bad faith.
    Your mileage may vary.
    You throw rocks. I'll take ammo where ever I can find it. Anybody know who locally carries Winchester Ranger rounds in some of the other calibers like .38 and .45ACP (already am well stocked in 9 & .40)?

(Northumberland County)

i been there before , i used ot live in slatington for many years before i moved to mt carmel, it used ot be a nice area in whitehall,(when i lived there). i havent been to the army navy store in about 7 years i am gonna go check it out when i visit my mom who still lives in Slatington.

(Lehigh County)

To all you guys carrying a grudge against AN, when was the last time you were in there? I bought a new Kimber there last week. The price was right, and the guys behind the counter were great. I've been going there for a couple of years and have yet to have a bad experience with them.
    And yeah, they have plenty of ammo. Although the American Eagle in .45 they are selling for $19 per box of 50, is the dirtiest shooting garbage I've ever experienced. I put 150 rounds through my Kimber last week, and when I left the range and got out into the light, my forearms were completely covered in soot all the way up to my elbows.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    In Whitehall, PA just north of Route 22 and Route 145 intersection is fully stocked as of now with 9mm and 45acp!! Thousands of rounds of WW in both 100 and 50 pack. About $17.00 per 50 rounds of the 9mm. Also have plenty of American Eagle 9mm and 45acp. The gun counter fellow was not phased at all about any ammo shortage. Says they are constantly well stocked!! Just bought 300 rounds of WW 9mm and feel like the price was fair at $34.00 for the value pack with all things considered.
    Probably have ammo because those prices are friggin terrible. WWb 9mm value packs are 20$ at wally world. 17$ is about right for 45acp, not 9mm.

And yes you can find it if you look enough, I can picked up 1,000 rounds over last month and not paid over 10$ per 50.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Lehigh County)

Good luck finding any value packs of WWB at Wally World anymore though. I have yet to see a single box for the last 3-4 months. Hell even on Natchez the only in stock 9mm was UMC and they were selling it for like $34 for 50 rds! $17 for 50 is more than I would like to pay but until I drive around up north or somewhere else for ammo I will only waste a lot of my time and I will make up the difference in gas.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Drew View Post
    Good luck finding any value packs of WWB at Wally World anymore though. I have yet to see a single box for the last 3-4 months. Hell even on Natchez the only in stock 9mm was UMC and they were selling it for like $34 for 50 rds! $17 for 50 is more than I would like to pay but until I drive around up north or somewhere else for ammo I will only waste a lot of my time and I will make up the difference in gas.
    If youy dont want to get ripped off as badly and dont want to drive:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/65773
    13$ a box in stock. not having to pay tax will offset the shipping.

probably can save 40$ per 500 that way.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast