Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Army Navy Whitehall!!!

Transferred my Glock 21 to a guy at the Army Navy store yesterday and everything was great. There was a man (Glen) and woman (didn't get her name) behind the counter and they were VERY friendly and VERY helpful.

By the end of it Glen gave me a few good italian places to try out in Whitehall.

I really don't see how people don't like this place.

I bought a couple of guns from them in the early 90s. No problems then. I transferred a gun earlier this week with no problems. I used to buy most of my clothes and my boots from them, and stopped after being seriously jerked around by the shoe dept manager. So while I have had no problems with them in the gun dept, I don't like them for other reasons. I would probably buy a gun from them again if they had what I wanted, but I just never get in there to check anymore.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Transferred my Glock 21 to a guy at the Army Navy store yesterday and everything was great. There was a man (Glen) and woman (didn't get her name) behind the counter and they were VERY friendly and VERY helpful.

By the end of it Glen gave me a few good italian places to try out in Whitehall.

I really don't see how people don't like this place.
    Do you know what they charged for the transfer? Thanks in advance

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Drew View Post
    Good luck finding any value packs of WWB at Wally World anymore though. I have yet to see a single box for the last 3-4 months. Hell even on Natchez the only in stock 9mm was UMC and they were selling it for like $34 for 50 rds! $17 for 50 is more than I would like to pay but until I drive around up north or somewhere else for ammo I will only waste a lot of my time and I will make up the difference in gas.
    Not sure what wally world you go to but they i've picked up the 50 rd boxes of WWB in the last month at the one on RT 248. They also had the Remington 250 rd boxes for $52. Picked one of those up as well. All were 9mm. Good luck shopping. They stock the shelves at 9PM.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Berks County)

You probably didn't notice his post is dated May 2009.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD22 View Post
    Do you know what they charged for the transfer? Thanks in advance
    $28.50 ................ (sorry for the dots but it said that my reply was too short and it wouldn't take it)

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Army Navy Whitehall!!!

I normaly would agree with the bad service, as I have been subject of it also. However today I have to say they were great. They had what i was looking for, they had it at a better price than online, and they guy was nice joked right along as we finished up the transaction, I think his name is Ed, has a bit of a studder.

(Northampton County)

Went there on Saturday 10-30-10. Rode there on my HD and was dressed in biker gear. I do not look like a "typical" biker as the maases would stereotype. Went to the gun counter and was loooking at pistols-was eager to buy a new CCW. There were three guys working the counter. Two were talking about the other's experience with a bagel. Gheesh, the guy went on and on about this bagel that his wife didn't know he had, then the bagel was lost....a load of nonsense spoken ad nauseum. The other guy was then talking about some firearm he won in a contest-bragging about it and boasting that he is going to sell it because he has xx number of guns already. The third guy was kind of, sort of helping some guy (who really didn't know anything about pistols) select a CCW.

I perused the showcases and intentionally looked up at the two slugs not doing anything but bragging and tried to get their attention-not a single response. I walked out of there and went to Cabelas-found a nice Broom Handle Mauser to add to my collection-still looking for a CCW. Maybe I'll try Eagle Arms.

I think the guys at Army/Navy are rude and really don't care if they sell ANYTHING. My guess is that they prequalified me as being a "biker" and therefore, had no money. Don't they watch SOA? Most bikers I know LOVE guns! LOL I'll never go back.

Also, check out their website. The guns they advertise are 40% higher in price than suggested MSRP! I didn't know this until I came home and wanted to find the manager's contact information.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    In Whitehall, PA just north of Route 22 and Route 145 intersection is fully stocked as of now with 9mm and 45acp!! Thousands of rounds of WW in both 100 and 50 pack. About $17.00 per 50 rounds of the 9mm. Also have plenty of American Eagle 9mm and 45acp. The gun counter fellow was not phased at all about any ammo shortage. Says they are constantly well stocked!! Just bought 300 rounds of WW 9mm and feel like the price was fair at $34.00 for the value pack with all things considered.
    cheaper at walmart. That being said...I've had similar rude experiences there and refuse to give them any of my money.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; October 31st, 2010 at 10:32 PM.

(Lehigh County)

[QUOTE=pa350z;701033]Bill ... I do agree with you. I would never buy anything of major value, i.e. a firearm. The gun counter guys are arrogant and cocky and could careless about working with and engaging the customer. They are short and downright rude if you question them.

They are very rude, I don't even feel comfortable asking them questions....
    When They come, I'll Be Gone...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast