Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default My first encounter after 3 months of OC

Ok so I goto this restaurant in Wexford all the time. When I say all the time, I mean like, 4 out of 5 days a week for lunch. (It's Wendy's) ok so the main cashier guy and I have started a friendly relationship. His name is Fred. aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to the story.

I go into Wendy's yesterday OC'ing my little heart out, when all of a sudden Fred asks me, AND I QUOTE, "IS THAT A GUN?" I responded, "No sir! it's the new cell phone from Microsoft!" we both have a nice laugh, he asks why I carry, I responded by saying, "I'd much rather have and not need, then need and not have." He said, "Oh ok!" and that was the end of the conversation about it.

rather pleasant encounter, but then again, this guy knew me from going into the store so much, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

Default Re: My first encounter after 3 months of OC

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    Ok so I goto this restaurant in Wexford all the time. When I say all the time, I mean like, 4 out of 5 days a week for lunch. (It's Wendy's) ok so the main cashier guy and I have started a friendly relationship. His name is Fred. aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to the story.

I go into Wendy's yesterday OC'ing my little heart out, when all of a sudden Fred asks me, AND I QUOTE, "IS THAT A GUN?" I responded, "No sir! it's the new cell phone from Microsoft!" we both have a nice laugh, he asks why I carry, I responded by saying, "I'd much rather have and not need, then need and not have." He said, "Oh ok!" and that was the end of the conversation about it.

rather pleasant encounter, but then again, this guy knew me from going into the store so much, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
    See if you can get him to go shooting with you!! Evangalize, brother, evangalize!!

Seems it's possible this is an example of OC meeting one of the goals it's advocates proclaim, desensitizing the general public. Betcha he's noticed before, and was just hesitant about asking.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Fred needs a raise and a new position, maybe MANAGER?

Seriously though I agree with Joe, get the guy out shooting... the more converts the better

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post

3 months, and Fred is just noticing now? this is a great example of the situational awareness of sheep. the go through their lives, blind to everything but their noses, then wonder how wolves sneak up on them.

(Fayette County)

I don't know why everybody in society doesn't carry. It seems like those who don't are refusing to stand up for the preservation of their life, their constitutional rights, and just rolling over on their back and saying do what you want to me to the scoundrels and the blemishes in our great country.

(Cumberland County)

yep get him out to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer4Life View Post
    I don't know why everybody in society doesn't carry. It seems like those who don't are refusing to stand up for the preservation of their life, their constitutional rights, and just rolling over on their back and saying do what you want to me to the scoundrels and the blemishes in our great country.
    How true!!