Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Sunset hill shooting range?

What's your opinion of this place? I've been a few times but I want to see what the other opinions are first.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sunset hill shooting range?

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    What's your opinion of this place? I've been a few times but I want to see what the other opinions are first.
    my opinion of sunset hill?.....well, its overpriced considering the fact that the pulley targets used to be free and now, if you want a target that you can adjust via a rope and pulley, you have to pay. also dont like the condescending.."we know more about guns than you, so we're going to hang over your shoulder and babysit you the whole time" attitude.its cheaper than pocono pistol club, but if you ask me the pistol club is way more worth the money just because of the clean range and nice atmosphere. every time ive gone to sunset hill some jerk with a trainer/instructor id and a superior attitude had something to say, even if i didnt do anything different.plus the pistol club range is automatic...however if you wanna shoot longguns it'll have to either be sunset hill or gouldsboro, or wallenpaupack..i might have to bite the bullet soon and go back to sunset to shoot my new ar 15.

Use the search feature ... you will find many many threads about them.

nuff said

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    my opinion of sunset hill?.....well, its overpriced considering the fact that the pulley targets used to be free and now, if you want a target that you can adjust via a rope and pulley, you have to pay. also dont like the condescending.."we know more about guns than you, so we're going to hang over your shoulder and babysit you the whole time" attitude.its cheaper than pocono pistol club, but if you ask me the pistol club is way more worth the money just because of the clean range and nice atmosphere. every time ive gone to sunset hill some jerk with a trainer/instructor id and a superior attitude had something to say, even if i didnt do anything different.plus the pistol club range is automatic...however if you wanna shoot longguns it'll have to either be sunset hill or gouldsboro, or wallenpaupack..i might have to bite the bullet soon and go back to sunset to shoot my new ar 15.
    why not go to the gamelands and shoot for free?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cashisking007 View Post
    which gamelands are you referring to?...i usually go on private land of people i or friends of mine know.

Not what I would consider a decent option, sorry but that 3 round rule is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen.... oh what fun, and AK with 3 rounds NOT

(Monroe County)

if you know where thornhusrt rd is. take that towards wilkes berre turn right on plank rd. cross the bridge, left up the dirt rd. you can't miss it.

as for the 3 round rule. your right it is pretty stupid, but i guess you could practice your tactical reloads.

(Monroe County)

if you know where thornhusrt rd is. take that towards wilkes berre turn right on plank rd. cross the bridge, left up the dirt rd. you can't miss it.

as for the 3 round rule. your right it is pretty stupid, but i guess you could practice your tactical reloads.
    hahahaha...ok!, thanks

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    make sure you dont rapid fire... :P

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    make sure you dont rapid fire... :P
    haha..no i dont,,but some guy next to me got yelled at for that last time i was there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast