Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anyone else think the "ammo shortage" is horse ass?

Does it occur to anyone else that the suppliers and stores are gouging all of us, perpetuating the paranoia of a ammo shortage?

Me personally I think it has little to do with the recent surge in purchases.
    Yes that would have an effect on the on the shelf supplies temporarily, but I think it has more to do with the masses running to get every box they can.

I'm guilty my self, but after paying $25 for a 50ct box of Amer. Eagle, I said F-this.
    At this point I believe greed and speculation is running its course, just like it did in the housing market, stock market, Oil prices etc...

I bought the one box for home protection, and I think I'm just going to wait it out until the prices come back down.

Anyone else seeing the same thing as I am?
    Or do you have valid points as to why I have my head in my rear and should go buy a case?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Anyone else think the "ammo shortage" is horse ass?

No, I am with you.

Reminds me of the time after Hurricane Katrina when every single gas station instantly hiked their prices on the very IDEA that maybe some oil refinery capacity had been temporarily damaged.

Lame.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.um View Post
    No, I am with you.

Reminds me of the time after Hurricane Katrina when every single gas station instantly hiked their prices on the very IDEA that maybe some oil refinery capacity had been temporarily damaged.

Lame.

D
    ^^^Exactly my point^^^

I feel the same we should just let the stuff sit on the shelfs !

Ammo started to clime because they said brass was so expensive well brass dropped alot now its demand .

I also stocked up when I found a good deal posted on some of the gun sites I jumped on it,,, now it must be a great deal or i pass

(Cambria County)

I feel its all a load of crap too. I got like 2500 rounds of 9mm and like 3000 rounds of 22lr a while ago(when it was startin to get scarce, but not like it is now). figured it would last me a while. i finished off a brick of 22 the other day and went to like 4 wal-marts tryin to replace it...F-in 22lr and no one has the crap! wtf is this I think im gonna just have to stop shooting for a while or go but a kick ass air rifle....LETS ALL GO BUY AIR RIFLES!!! we'll show them. then they can make "assault air rifles" and pellets and bb's will be in high demand when the "assault air rifle ban" comes to get all of our "black pellet guns"
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

Quote Originally Posted by junkmanted View Post
    I feel the same we should just let the stuff sit on the shelfs !
    We should.

Quote Originally Posted by Ja86son View Post
    ....LETS ALL GO BUY AIR RIFLES!!!
    Haha I've thinking about getting one of them for fun. I miss dinging cans.

I have a freind that has a full auto bb gun that hooks up to his compressor you just see a line of bb's flying through the air its pretty funny

(Lehigh County)

I think its a load of crap as well... but I don't have enough 357 sig (target loads) to practice... I went and purchased 250 rds today at Shydas in Lebanon. I paid $31/box for AE and $29/box for WWB. I have plenty of JHPs but needed some practice stuff. They have 4 boxes of AE left if anyone is interested.

When my reloading stuff gets in I will have plenty of brass to reload.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Mercer County)

Pssst...try the search function. This has been discussed a million times already.

P.S. - There is no such thing as price gouging.

Good night.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ja86son View Post
    I feel its all a load of crap too. I got like 2500 rounds of 9mm and like 3000 rounds of 22lr a while ago(when it was startin to get scarce, but not like it is now).
    You think it is a load of crap, but you went out and stocked up on ammo. You my friend are part of the problem along with the rest of us.

Why did you buy when it was "starin to get scarce". Cause you heard the rumors. If none of us had run out and stocked up, when it started to get hard to find. Maybe it wouldn't be now. But a couple million gun owners in America all thought like you did. We all did it. We panicked.

All of us. Everyone on this sight, is buying ammo and stock piling. I know I have purchased an extra case of 9mm and a extra case of 7.62. I didn't need it. But I bought it just in case. Why, because we all heard the rumors of what was to come.

Well, then the gun sales went thru the roof. Gun dealers can't keep guns on the shelves.

And what... you think that everyone who bought a gun didn't want to buy ammo for their new firearm. Darn right they did. They heard the rumors too. That is why they ran out and bought a firearm. And they heard the rumors about ammo. So, they bought up a bunch of ammo for the new gun too.

So, now we have us old heads stocking ammo ahead of time. Then you have those of us that can afford to, we keep buying it every chance we get. Then you have the new gun purchasers buying ammo for the new guns they bought. Everyone is buying ammo. As much as they can afford. None of us did this before.

No.... the ammo shortage is for real.

Heck, we have a thread telling us which Wal-Mart gets ammo in and then we all run out and nab it up. We keep each other posted on who has what ammo available. And then we all swoop in and buy it up as quick as we can.

And you think this is bogus. Its for real. And it makes sense why if you think about it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast